three; verbatim

October, one month later

"It's true though! Half baked is better than Cookie dough!" Dallas argued playfully with the Quileute boy beside her, typing away on her laptop while Paul continued fixing his truck. The pair were currently arguing over ben and jerry's, Dallas was defending her and her best friend Embry's favourite flavour, while Paul was defending his.

Rolling his eyes, he grabbed the wrench. "Woman you have no taste. I can't believe you think that." Dallas groaned, closing her laptop and hopping off the bench.

"I hate you."

"No you don't"

It had been a month since the beach incident, and true to their word, the duo's friendship picked back up again like it never left. With the recent absence of Bella (who had decided to drop every one of her friends, much to the protest of Dallas), she found her old true friend in Paul. Every so often, she would glance down at the notes scrawled haphazardly in her notebook, as she continued typing her essay.

Dallas groaned, pushing her laptop off her lap and on top of her notebook. "You're so lucky you graduate next year, I'm about done with this shit." Paul laughed as he wiped his hands on the rag beside him.

"Should try being a senior, I have tests and finals coming out of my ass." Dallas laughed, causing Paul to glance up at her and smile. Although the Lahote boy had been firmly against imprinting and even tried to fight the bond during the first week he imprinted, he had realised that it just wasn't possible. Dallas had become his best friend again in such a short amount of time, he couldn't imagine how he possibly even lived when their friendship ended so abruptly. Which is why the whole Bella ignoring Dallas situation bugged him. He understood depression, he had suffered it for years. What he didn't like, was how rude she was being. Dallas went out of her mind worrying for her friend every day, whereas the Swan girl didn't care who she hurt.

Dallas stood beside him, noting the massive size difference between the two and stifling a smirk. While Dallas stood at a little five foot one, Paul towered over the petite girl at a staggering six foot five. "Yeah no thanks, not for a while anyway." Paul glanced down at the cheerleader as he began putting his tools away, smiling at the pretty girl.

Dallas moved over to where her bag was, and began putting her laptop and notebook away as Paul spoke. "You're a junior, right?" He asked, picking up his keys to the working truck of his that was right outside his run down garage. Dallas nodded, smiling up at him as they walked towards the black ford truck.

"Yeah, so you're gonna be a graduate hanging out with a high schooler soon. Loser." She nudged him jokingly, causing a loud laugh to emerge out of the Lahote boys mouth.

He walked her to her side of the truck, helping her in before getting in the truck himself. "Oh god don't say it like that. How embarrassing." He shot her a teasing smile, one she returned as she plugged her phone in the aux of the truck.