sixteen; clocks

Grief is a very strange thing. It's not something that will just disappear, it sticks with you. It sticks with you even when you believe it doesn't. Even if you prepared for it, even if you expected it to happen, it's still going to be there. Anguish clouded the blonde girl's normally happy personality, as she struggled to make any sense of the sudden loss she had experienced. Yet, she still only thought of Marie. No matter what she was feeling, she knew none of it would ever compare to the mother who had just lost the best thing that would ever happen to her.

Life was cruel, unkind, and always suprising you. When this year started, she thought it was going to be great. Starting her Junior year, having some amazing friends she thought she would never lose yet ultimatly did (The Cullens, of course.) Though they are vampires and her 'natural born enemy', she still couldn't shake the pain of their abrupt moving away. Dallas lost her friendship in the Cullens, found out who her father was in a very humiliating manner, stopped talking to her greatest friend in the world for a while, Bella went off the grid and suffered her own loss, Mason died, she turned into a shape-shifter and she also found out she had a brother.

Dallas couldn't get out of her house fast enough, the following morning after her sudden transition from human to shapeshifter. The seventeen year old heard her mother on the phone a with Sue as soon as she entered the kitchen, the two friends discussing ways to help the grieving mother that was Marie Foster.

The blonde gave a half-hearted wave to her mother, before opting to drive to Sams. She still wasn't used to the whole wolf thing, and she knew it might take her a while to get used to being able to just turn into an animal whenever she wanted. Ideally, she should've stayed at Sam's last night to talk about all of this. But she didn't want too, or she couldn't. Sometimes, you just want your own bed. 

She hadn't been able to stop thinking about Paul, or Mason. That didn't seem to change, in fact her thoughts of Paul got more frequent as she pulled into the Uley/Young driveway. She was praying that Paul wouldn't be inside, though her chest constricted being away from him, she needed a little space to come to terms with everything she had recently found out. 

Once she entered the small home, she let out a small exhale of relief. Her prayers had been answered, as it seemed only Sam was home. The alpha was sitting at the table, a bunch of papers in front of him as he scribbled things down haphazardly. Once he saw his sister enter, he glanced up as he pushed the papers aside.

"Hey, I was wondering when you would stop by." Sam said, giving the blonde a small smile when she sat down in front of him.

Dallas rolled her eyes. "Please, don't pretend you haven't been texting my mom nonstop to make sure I don't wolf out on her." Sam chuckled, shrugging his broad shoulders.

"Well I wouldn't have too if you didn't run away." Sam joked, chuckling again when Dallas shot him a playful glare.

"Well how did you react?" She asked, referring to his own transition.