seventeen; try

One year ago

One year ago.

Thirty-first of December, two-thousand and sixteen.

Red cups, sweaty teenagers and loud rap music were the three main things Dallas James noticed upon entering Mike Newton's New years eve party. It was currently seven o'clock in the evening, the air was cool and crisp, her friends were missing, and she was wasted.

Quil ended up having to drive Jacob home, as he vomited all over himself and the entire Forks High population and Embry had disappeared about half an hour ao. As soon as Quil and Jacob weren't hovering over the small blonde, she began throwing back vodka shots like they were water.

Embry was with her, until he got pulled away in the crowd. Dallas wasn't worried, she knew her best friend would appear if anything should happen to her. The blonde didn't ever get chances to let her hair down, and get drunk. During the school year, cheerleading took up the majority of her time, alongside work and maintaining a social life with her friends who didn't attend the same school she did.

So she decided on that particular New Years Eve, she would get drunk. Of course it wasn't a good idea, the girl barely had a sip of alcohol until that night. Her cheerleader friends had long dispersed, opting to find something else to do. So that left the small blonde stumbling around the house, alone.

"All my friends are wasted, and I hate this club..." She sung to herself, giggling when she tripped on the way outside. The backyard wasn't as full as the inside, causing a wide smile to break out on her face. Dallas needed air, or else she would probably vomit everywhere.

She couldn't really see who was outside, because at present she was seeing double of everything and everyone. A tap on her shoulder startled her, emitting a yelp out of her mouth. The person who tapped her chuckled, causing her head to whip around to see the culprit.

She didn't recognise this man, he was about five-foot eight, shaggy blonde hair and dull blue eyes. He was smirking down at her, a cigarette between his fingers, and a leather jacket hanging off one arm. "You're out here, all alone." He stated, looking at the blonde in a way that would normally have her shuddering in disgust, however all her common sense had flown out the window.

"No, I'm not alone. Not anymore anyway." She slurred, a flirty smile gracing her lips. The man chuckled, obviously enjoying himself.

He took a drag of his cigarette, after he had he offered it to Dallas. "Well, I guess you're right. Dallas James, right?" Dallas took the cigarette, not noticing Jared Cameron shaking his head in disappointment from the chair he was sitting on a few meters away.

She raised a single brow, before handing him back the cigarette. "How'd you know?"

The man chuckled as he stepped on his cigarette to put it out. "Everyone knows you, captain of the cheerleading squad, prettiest girl in school. That sort of thing." He finished his sentence with a smirk that matched the smaller girls, he also didn't notice Paul Lahote and Jared watching with careful eyes.