{5} Stiches

I slowly push it open and step out into the hallway, the temperature practically spikes the moment I leave the room, almost making me vomit. Saying I'm hungry or dehydrated is verry much an understatement.

I take a deep breath, pick a direction and start walking. My body aches as I walk, almost causing me to trip a few times. I make it to the first cross section, continue straight or turn right... right I guess. I started this not joing where I am so it's not like I can get lost.

The sounds of the factory which I suppose I had mentally blocked out (from sleeping through them for two days) slowly faded as I continued this path the temperature also subtly dropped.

I stop, realizing that would mean I'm probably nearing an exit or I'm on a really subtle slant down underground... yeah most likely an exit. I once again continue walking, the sounds of metal and machines slowly fading into near silence.

I shouldnt have been surprised when my silent escape was interrupted by the sounds of steady foot fall. But as it happens I was horrified, I didnt dare turn around and waste time, instead I pick up my pace, my abdomen achingwith pain and my muscles burning from lack of use. I hoped I would be lucky enough to come across an exit soon.

Sadly lady luck would not look my way that day, as I turn a corner my foot catches a scrap of something on the floor and I'm sent face first onto the ground. I was able to mostly shield myself with my arms but I still felt it throughout my body and I felt my stomach wound bleed through the new bandage.

Before I can collect myself and keep going Karl turns the corner to meet me. I can tell he rolls his eyes from behind his glasses and he comes and crouches next to me. "You must think your pretty tough, huh." His voice is full of condescension, it's really starting to piss me off.

"Fuck you!" I spit, trying to move away from him only to be met with a shot of pain in my gut.

"I wouldnt do that if I where you, you'll definitely open those back up" when he says 'those' he lightly pokes my gut, suprising me just enough that I dont react until he once again picks me up off the ground. Though this time instead of bridal style or with any care, he roughly tosses me over his shoulder making me call out as pain rips through me, a tear running down my face as I, with the little strength I have left, try and fight free, kicking my legs and punching his back.

"Let me go you cu-" I'm cut off when my back is slammed into a wall and with a thud I'm dropped to the floor.

"There you go, you're free" he takes a step back as making room for me to get up and leave, but the pain is debilitating, I cant move a muscle. "Good choice, with those injuries you wouldnt last ten minutes outside, so what do you say you calm the fuck down and stop trying to "escape" and we go back to your room?" I know he means his question rhetorically but I still nod as I take the hand hes offered me and he helps me to my feet.

He doesn't carry me this time, instead he let's me use him for support as we slowly make our way back to the room. My legs wont stop shaking and as we walk I lean on him more and more until he has one arm on my lower back and the other on my arm holding me up.

Like this I can hear his heart beat as we go a steady calming rythim in the otherwise loud and rambunctious atmosphere.

I see my vision blur and I fully collapse into him, I hear him scoff as I try and steady myself only to wobble again. Finally he desides I've learned my lesson and scoops me up bridal style and continues the short walk back to the room.

"You bled through your shirt, dumbass." He speaks like he thinks I cant hear him or like I wont respond, but he is right, I stay silent leaning my head on his shoulder nearly passing out before he once again sets me onto the bed.