Too close yet so far

I looked at camera and found she was crying. Seeing her like this hurt me, I was reliving the moments I had with her and then I recalled she said she is married to someone called Smith.

I think I will have to find out who he is because I can't have her love another man when I crave like people do oxygen. I have to do something about this husband of hers.

Ryan's POV

I don't know how I walked to the hotel where she stayed. I gathered all the information I could and still no clues. All I got was she checked out 2 hours before the flight and she didn't use hotel cab but the cab was personally booked by her. I tracked her purchase and indeed she had boarded and cab driver successfully confirmed that she was indeed dropped at the airport.

Then where did she go? This was what was going in my mind. I asked for the hotel footage using my influence and indeed the cab she boarded was public one and the license plate matched the one that dropped her at the airport. Something was missing, I need to find what when wrong. From the airport footage I found her entering washroom and but not exiting. 

My phone rang and anxiously I picked up and asked "Do you have any lead?"

"Mr. Smith... I have some clues and I am sending you the info" He replied.

Soon a detailed report arrived and I was shocked to find that she never boarded the cab and the footage was cleaned and the one we saw was tampered one. My wife never reached airport, someone disguised themselves to be her.

This made me suspicious did Nicholas find her and he planned all this. I called Nicholas but his secretary answered that he is on vacation since last month and could not be contacted. I called Mia to ask her if anything out of ordinary happened.

After a long pause she replied "No sir, nothing that I know. We reached here and successfully reached the venue and then madam got a call from you and after her talk we met our client and clicked the deal"

"Are you sure Mia? Did anyone followed you and her or Did anyone unknown approached her?" I asked.

"No... I never felt being followed about any unknown approaching her. oh Yes sir , a man approached mam when she made a call with you he seemed aggressive but it was for a small duration and it looked like he recognized a wrong person" she replied.

"Damn it Mia you didn't tell me such an important detail. I am sending you some photos let me know if it was the same man" I said and hung up.

Though there was a fear in me that it was Nicholas but I wanted it to be any one but him or as Mia said someone who wrongly recognizing as someone else. 

After 5 minutes Mia replied that it was indeed Nicholas who approached her. I fell on the floor with my fist clenching and hit it again and again

"Nicholas.... not again... I will not let you have her again. I made a mistake once but not this time" I promised myself that I will get my love my wife back at any cost even if I have to kill or be killed.

Nicholas POV

I watched over her whole day through camera and I know she didn't eat and this frustrated me.  The way she jerks when anyone enters her room even though if it is a maid. Her suspicious eyes follows them as if any moments they would do something to her.

Once the maids left she cried and kept calling another man's name and finally she slept and it was dark and I knew I have to give her sometime but seeing her starving herself was not the way I wanted her to be.

I walked to her room followed by maids with exquisite meals she liked. I asked them to leave and went near the bed and as soon as my eyes laid on her face an urge to touch her overcame and I carressed her cheeks but halted as soon as I heard her words "Love... let me sleep some more. I promise I will get up in half an hour".

"Sweet you have to wake up else food will be cold" I replied smiling as she called me Love at least subconsciously she knows it's me.

"Sweet... you never call me that Ry...." She opened her eyes and stopped. She moved away to other side and said "What are you doing here?"

"I brought dinner for you Sweet" I replied smiling.

"I don't want to eat. I am not hungry and you can leave with whatever you brought" She said turning her back to me.

I sighed and moved near her and was about to hold her waist when she pushed me and said "Don't try to touch me. I don't want to see your face"

Unknown POV

"Sir, why did you help the PI get the clues" Joseph asked.

"Joseph... it's time for pay back for both of them. It's the moment I was waiting for from past 12 years" I said smiling.

I waved Joseph to leave my room. Then I walked to my haven and it's this place that has made me go on in my life. I reeled back to the happiest time in my life.