Wiping the Past

I opened my eyes in alarm and saw that it was the same man who was trying to harass me.I got myself abruptly from the bed and said "You...."

"Yes me.. so now you remember me" He said smiling.

"Of course you are the person who was harassing me in the hotel yesterday. But what are you doing in my bedroom" She said and looked around and said "This is not my bedroom".

After 2 years  

Ryan's POV

I was sleeping when my hands went to search for Rose and when I found her side empty, I jolted awake. I woke up to look for her and checked bathroom and all the rooms. Thinking that she will be in Kitchen I shouted her name but no answer. I panicked and called her cell phone which was not reachable.

I called Mia my personal secretary to know whether she has any idea where my wife was, but even her phone was unreachable. Now this was getting more and more serious. I called for security who came rushing and when I asked him about my wife.

"Sir, Madam Rose and Madam Mia left together early morning. All I saw was them going together and Madam Rose with a small luggage bag" He said.

"What?? I pay you to secure my wife and you let my wife go without any bodyguard and even failed to inform me" I shouted at him.

"But sir, Madam said she has already told you and you allowed her to go" He replied.

"Go away before I do something I regret" I yelled.

Shit this woman is going to be death of me. I don't know what's going on in her mind to leave without a bodyguard. I don't trust her to be alone. 

I asked the security guard to leave and was pacing up and down when I got a call.

When I saw the caller I sighed in relief seeing it was my loving wife.

"Oh god Rose.. where are you? Are you alright? Why didn't you tell me you are going with Mia" I blabbered and stop when all I heard was her chuckling from other end, it was music to my ears.

"Rose I am dying being worried for you and you are laughing" I said bit annoyed.

"Ok Mr. Possessive I am sorry" She said when I cut her off.

"Darling tell me where are you? I will come right away to pick you" I said.

"No Ryan you will not" She answered and I knew she was biting her lips.

"And why is that Rose?" I asked again.

"Look Ryan I knew you will be worried and if I tell you you would have come with me. But I don't want you babysitting me all the time. I wanted to do the job I hold position for in your company so I came to NYC to strike this deal" She said.

My heart stopped when she said NYC. She was back at the place I took her from. She was again in the radar of Nicholas, she was again where painful memories are.

"Please Rose just come back right away" I said bit harsh.

"Ryan I know you are angry and I know you love me more than anything. But I promise I will just have a meet and I will be back by evening flight" she pleaded.

I could not deny her anything, so I said "Fine Rose, but you have to make sure you will call me every hour".

"Sure I will and Ryan I love you and wait for your wife to come victorious in your arms" She said smiling.

"I love you more Rose more than my life" I replied and then she hung up.

I was sure that chances of Nicholas crossing path with her are one in million, but I still called my NYC PI to get information about Nicholas. Within 2 hours, I had information about Nicholas, my cousin businessman more successful in last 2 years. I was happy that he was doing good in business but I could not keep the worry that he will find my Rose and take her away.