Street Rivals Twin Turbocharged Runoff

The next morning, I was up early. Shelby was still asleep, so I dressed quietly and then pulled up my laptop to do a little research about the Street Rivals championship. According to what I read on the Dream Matches website, the Runoff was for twin turbocharged cars ranging from the year 1960 to the year 1999. The requirements said that there were no restrictions for the race other than that the cars had to be Twin Turbocharged. It was a drag race consisting of three, mile and a half heats and to win you had to place first in two of three heats.

It also looked as if this race was open to any Tuner car and not just the Great Eight. I scrolled down the page and clicked on an article that read “2,000 horsepower Chevy Caviler smokes Great Eight and takes home gold trophy, driver planing 2,750 horsepower for 2015 return.”

The article said that the driver had a heavily modified Inline Seven under the hood that was churning 2,003 at the crank and nearly 1.9K horsepower to the rear wheels. The car did 0-60 in under two seconds and according to this, once beat a Top Fueler off the line. He'd also once called out a Bugatti Veyron and won.

“Well if it's a drag race”, I thought to myself, “but 700 horsepower is a powerhouse...”

“Hmm?”, Shelby asked waking up.

“Morning my love”, I said kissing her cheek.

“Morning to you too”, she said smiling and returning my kiss, “what are you doing?”

“Researching the next race”, I replied, “it's a drag race for Street Rival cars.”

“Street Rival?”, Shelby asked.

“Fancy name for Tuner cars”, I replied, “from what I'm reading, it looks like it wont be just the Great Eight racing this race.”

“What will you be up against?”, she asked.

“Anything with parts in it”, I replied, “I'm looking at last year's race and it was a rear wheel drive Chevy Caviler that took home gold. This says the driver was planing 2,750 horsepower for this year.”

“That's more than Joe's car”, Shelby said, sounding some what worried.

“No”, I replied, “Joe's GT-ONE makes six thousand horsepower, as much as three of those cars.

She looked worried.

“Hopefully we won't have to race him”, I said trying to reassure her, and myself.

I put away the laptop as Shelby went to take a shower. The water had barely come on when DJ banged on my door.

“Seth come on!”, the races start in two hours.

“Why does she get up so early?”, Shelby asked.

“No idea”, I replied, “I think she secretly drinks octane in her water.”

Shelby laughed. She quickly showered off and dressed. We flipped on our cloakers and walked down stairs where everyone was waiting.

“DJ wake you up too?”, Josh asked.

“Not really”, I replied, “I was up researching the race when the bombs began to fall.”

Josh laughed, “she never lets us sleep in.”

“Girls high on something”, Jack said, “maybe she's secretly a robot and it's all like “sleep mode deactivated, must troll humans”. Jack made a stupid robotic voice.

“Shut it jack”, Tess said, “one annoying thing is bad enough.”

“Here's a thought”, I said, “let's go to the race and put some of this energy to the drag strip?”