A Dream Come True

I slept very well that night. I had dreams about winning the race that was about to happen and maybe going on tour someday. Sure,it was a crazy dream,but I can still do it can't I? My dream of seeing one of my cars on Road America had already come true,and it was about to happen again,so there's proof they do come true.

I woke the next morning to the sun coming into the hotel room's window. I let off a large yawn as I rose from my sleep and looked around the room. The sun cast a yellow glow in the window and made everything in turn take on it's golden tint. I looked to my mate,who was still sleeping in my arms. She was curled up in a ball with the tip of her white tail hanging over her snout. Her ears and wings were flopped back lazily on her neck and back and she was snoring lightly. I smiled and began licking her snout to wake her. She batted her eyes a bit before looking around and smiling when she saw me.

"Good morning my boy",she said licking me across my snout.

I smiled and nuzzled her gently,causing her purr.

"Who would have thought we'd end up together",I said smiling.

"Funny",Shelby said curling against me,"I could say the same thing."

There was a knock on the door.

"Shelby,Seth",Jack said,"were going for breakfast."

"We'll be right out",I yelled back.

"OK",Jack said.

I listened for his foot steps to vanish before laying my head back on Shelby's neck.

"Why do people ruin things?",I asked.

"It's one of life's many many mysteries",Shelby said laughing and stretching out.

Her scales rubbed against mine as she did and it made my tail sway. Shelby smiled and pulled me into a deep kiss. It only lasted for about ten seconds,but I wished it would last forever.

"Am I making you happy?",she asked nuzzling me and twining her tail around mine.

I smiled and purred with content.

"A little",I said.

She tightened her tail around mine,making me shiver with pleasure. She growled playfully and tightened her tail again,sending another shiver up my spine.

She smiled,"come on,let's go get breakfast."

Reluctantly,I rolled onto my back and sat up before rising from bed and slipping on blue jeans and a red sleeveless shirt. I hung my tags around my neck and clasped my watch to my wrist. Shelby dressed in basically the same manner and then we walked leaning against each other down to the hotel lobby where we found the rest of our friends gathered. They all had smiles on their faces,exited for the upcoming race for sure.

"You guys exited for the race?",I asked as we walked out to the parking lot.

"How could we not be?",Tess asked,"I've never been so exited in my life."

Jack smiled,"you either?"

I noticed DJ was keeping closer to Jack than she usually did. Maybe Jack had finally made his move and talked to her. I wasn't about to ruin it for Jack,so I kept my mouth shut.

"So where we going to eat Dad?",Tess asked.

"IHOP",Dad said,"the only other place in town to eat anything are the BBQ stands at the track."

"IHOP works",Trent said.

As we went to our cars,I walked over to Dad.

"Hey Dad",I said getting his attention.