Saturday Morning

The sun shone through the window of my bedroom. The yellow and orange rays pierced my curtains and brightly lit my entire room. I could smell Dad cooking the pancakes and sausage. It was a smell I'd come to love. I pushed aside the covers and stretched as I sat up. Looking around my room. It was quite clean,(i've always been a bit of a neat freak) and it smelled of the outside,due to the fact that I always had the window open. Mom amd Dad never nagged at me to close it,and I thanked them for it. I got out of bed and dressed as quickly as I could. I usually wore a blue T-shirt and tan cargo shorts,it helped to keep me cool,especially during the summer. I darted out of my room and slid down the stairs,my mouth starting to water as the smell grew more intense. When I got down to the kitchen,it was a maelstrom of chaos,as always. My older brothers and younger sister were darting around. My oldest brother,James,was seventeen and a metal loving punk. Normally dressing in all black with spiky hair. He stood a good foot and a quarter taller than me and could pound me into the dirt at his own will. It sometimes seems like his icy blue eyes can look straight into your soul. My second brother,Will,was sixteen and a great guy to talk to if your not in the best of moods. He was around a foot or so taller than me at six feet. His red hair and green eyes weird out most people,but they work for him. My sister,Taylor,was only five,and can be a huge trouble maker at times,she has blond hair and blue eyes,and is a bit shy. My name's Seth. I stand at around 5'2,with some other features I'll tell you about in a minute. Right now,the sausages frying on the stove are my only concern.

"Seth,my Dad said  looking down at me,"your up early."

My Dad was thirty nine. He stood at around 6'11 and had brown hair and eyes. He had a well trimmed face and a pair of sunglasses always sat in his hair.

"I take it you just want the pancakes and not the meat?"

I felt my ears flop against my neck and a frown cross my face.

"Relax son,Dad said,"I'm just teasing."

Dad gave me four of the sausages and two of the pancakes,pouring the sticky maple syrup over it all,just the way I liked it. I sat down at the table and began scarfing down the sticky,sweet tasting food. Now for the features I said I'd tell you about. I stand around 5'2,with jet black scales on my back,tail,wings and head. The dark crimson scales on my neck,chest and stomach perfectly complement the black ones that cover the rest of me. My two horns protrude backwards about a foot and half at the top of my head,with several,smaller spikes going down the length of my snout and the sides of my face. Did my self description scare you? Really? It didn't? Cool. But I know what your thinking,how,can an Anthro Dragon,possibly belong to human parents,with human brothers and sisters? Let me save you the trouble. I wasn't always like this,a dragon I mean. I woke up one morning like this. I don't know what happened,or how,but I do know that it was a good thing for me. My senses are better than they used to be,i can see colors,smell smells,and hear sounds that I never even knew existed. Flying is cool too,the few friends I have are jealous of it. The best perk of being an Anthro though,is my fire breath. Yeah,you heard that right,I can breathe fire. I don't much though,Mom and Dad hardly ever let me,and for good reasons. I've been told by one of my friends(a hardline military kid,one of the best friends I have)that my scales should be able to stop anything up to something called a 20mm. He rambled on for a while,but after the first few minutes,I always tune him out because I never understand a thing he's saying.

"Seth",my Mom said walking in.

My Mom stood at only five eleven,weighed 101 pounds(compared to my 143) and had deep green eyes.

"Seth,are you going anywhere today?"

"Yeah,I said,I was planing on meeting my friends to help Jack work on that old I-ROC,were putting a beefy V-12 under the hood and a wide Telso exhaust on it."