Hurt People Hurt People

Dead Sea is the song that goes along with their relationship so feel free to listen to it while you read :):)

Harry: 35
Camryn: 35

Children
Darcy: 18
Lennon: 16
Nora: 16
Auggie: 15
Bowie: 13
Calum: 11
Bindi: 9 1/2

Grandchildren
Penny: 1 month old

October 2029

"I just don't understand why I have to do this!"Lennon exclaims, jumping up from the table and throwing his hands up in the air as he looks at his parents with desperate eyes. "I don't want to do this!"

"Lennon, it's just for an hour 3 days after school,"Camryn tries to reason, sitting next to Harry at the kitchen table while pouring more orange juice for Bindi.

"But I'm going to have to be late for football practice on those days,"Lennon argues, running his hands through his curls just like Harry does when he gets mad. "This is ridiculous!"

"And you won't even be on the football team if you fail out of your math class,"Harry reasons, his voice turning a bit stern.

"Len, calm down mate,"Darcy buts in, pouring her cereal one handed as she cradles a sleeping Penny in the other arm. "It's just an hour. You'll survive."

"A-A-And I-I-I k-k-know N-Nora,"Auggie jumps in after finishing chewing his bite of cereal. "S-S-She's s-super n-nice. S-S-She's i-i-in m-my a-a-advanced p-program."

Lennon sighs and runs his hands down his face before looking back at Harry with pleading eyes. "Dad, please. Please don't make me go."

"Sorry mate,"Harry shrugs, clearing his bowl and Calum's from the table as he walks over to the sink and puts them in. "If you wanna stay on the football team, this is your only choice."

"This is so unfair!"Lennon exclaims, storming out of the kitchen and up to his room before slamming the door.

"What's been up with him lately,"Camryn sighs looking over at Harry with wide eyes.

Harry shakes his head with a sigh and shrugs his shoulders. "I dunno but he better snap out of it."

Harry walks over behind Camryn's chair and presses a kiss to the top of her head. "K, let's go guys,"Harry says grabbing his keys off of the counter and motioning for all of the kids except Darcy to follow him out to the car to drive to school. He stands at the bottom of the stairs and yells up them. "Lennon! C'mon mate! We're gonna be late!"

It takes Lennon a second and a lot of sulking before he walks out and down the stairs, pouting the entire time.

The kids all leave with Harry leaving Camryn, Darcy and Penny the only three at home.

"My gosh,"Camryn sighs, shaking her head at Darcy who's sitting across the table from her and then putting her face in her hands.

"Something's up with him mum,"Darcy worries, biting on her bottom lip. "I dunno what, but something's up." She looks down at little Penny in her arms and repositions her so that her hands are supporting her head but holding her outwards away from her chest so that she can look at her.

"Don't ever grow up, yes?"she coos down at Penny who's blearily blinking her eyes open and snuffling. She nuzzles her nose with the tiny baby's and kisses her rosy cheek. "Mumma doesn't know if she can handle that kind of sass, so just stay this little, 'kay?" Penny squeaks up at her which makes Darcy giggle and much on her neck. "I'll take that as a yes. Thank you, honeybee."

***

His family is right, something is up. Somethings been wrong for a while now, but he can't quite place what.