I Guess I Tolerate You

Darcy: 18
Lennon: 16
Nora: 16
Auggie: 15
Bowie: 14
Morgan: 13
Penny: 4 months

February 2030

It wasn't all unicorns and rainbows from the moment Lennon apologized on.

Oh no, it was far from it.

They still did not get along—they just didn't get along more...civilly.

Was that first tutoring session the only time she went home crying? No. Was that first tutoring session the only time Lennon wanted to pull his hair out in frustration when talking to her? Again, no. But, it was...better.

They still got on each other's nerves like no other. If there's one thing Lennon thinks he's learned from his tutoring sessions it's that sometimes people are just too different to ever truly get along.

But now, he has to spend an entire day tutoring with her.

It's a Saturday and the last thing he wants to do is his math homework, but he has a gigantic test on Monday that accounts for over half his grade, and he really needs to do well on it.

So, his dad asked Nora to come over and help him study for the. whole. day. And Lennon is...not too happy about it to say the least.

That's why Harry refrained from telling Lennon that Nora was coming over for the day until 10 minutes before she was suppose to turn up.

"You're kidding,"Lennon stood across from Harry in the kitchen with his mouth slightly agape. "You're...you're kidding. Dad, tell me you're kidding."

"I'm not kidding,"Harry shakes his head with a chuckle, "sorry, mate, but you've got to do well on this exam."

"The whole day?"Lennon exclaims, pulling at his brown curls and sighing in exasperation.

"Yeah,"Harry nods, "I spoke with her and asked her if she could stay until 5."

"But you and mum aren't even going to be home,"Lennon tries to fight back, "I was supposed to be helping Darcy watch the kids."

"D can handle it,"Harry simply states, washing out his coffee mug in the sink. "Besides this test is important. And she seems like such a sweet girl, Len. She was so nice when I talked to her on the phone."

"Dad it's Saturday,"Lennon states obviously, throwing her arms out in front of him to try and prove his point. "It's my day off! I was gonna hang with my friends."

"She's only staying till 5,"Harry tries to reason with his son, "you can hang with your friends after."

"No I can't we have Bigfoot tonight."

Oh yes, Bigfoot. A favorite Styles tradition. It all started with Niall. He would take all of the kids once they turned 12 on an overnight adventure in the woods to try and find Bigfoot. But really, it was just a fun night in the woods where they'd try to scare each other and then sleep under the stars.

And ever since Darcy got her license when she was 17, the Styles children have continued it. It's a fun way for the siblings (those 13 years old and older) to bond and spend some time without their parents.

They're hoping this year will be more fun since last year Darcy was heavily pregnant with Penny when they did it and cried almost the whole night because she couldn't get comfortable lying in the bed of the truck that Harry owns—the truck that will be Lennon's once he turns 17.

So, on the trip this year will be Darcy, Penny (because she's still breastfed and Darcy said she wouldn't go unless Penny came), Lennon, Auggie, Bowie and Morgan. And Calum and Bindi get to spend the night having a sleepover with their friends to make up for them not being old enough to go on Bigfoot.