The Twins' Birth

Darcy: 30
Lennon: 28
Nora: 28
Hugh: 5 1/2

March 16 2042

4:30 pm

"Darce, please tell me I'm looking like I'm almost done,"Nora whimpers, motioning her hands towards her gigantic bump as she waddles into the kitchen with Lennon holding one of her hands and his hand on the bottom of her back, helping to keep her stable.

"Oh honey, that bump has dropped,"Darcy gasps, balancing a bowl on top of her twin bump of her own that she's four months along with. "Even since yesterday when I checked you."

"Really? Oh my gosh, I could kiss you right now,"Nora exclaims in relief as Lennon walks her towards the counter that she braces her arms against so that she can lean over it, shaking her hips.

"You good if I leave you for a second?"Lennon checks, his lips brushing against Nora's ear as he presses gentle kisses there.

"I'll take a kiss!"Bindi teasingly exclaims, raising her hand from where she's setting the kitchen table as she smirks over at Nora who was admittedly her Bi awakening when she was a little girl.

"Yeah, go have fun with your brothers,"Nora nods with a little grin, tipping her chin up as she continues to lean over the counter so that she can press a kiss to Lennon's lips.

"Mum do you want me to stir the sauce?"Morgan offers, beginning to attempt to climb off of the barstool that she's sitting on with a sleeping Jordan attached to her chest, her arms wrapped around her mumma's neck.

"No no, you just sit with Jojo, I've got it, you're all good,"Camryn assures Morgan, nonchalantly waving her hand as she walks over to stir the Alfredo sauce on the oven.

"Mo, have you talked to Emmy?"Darcy asks concernedly, looking over at her sister-in-law as she continues to cut up strawberries and put them in the fruit bowl.

A tension enters the room at the question as everyone stills and waits with bated breath to hear Morgan's answer. They want to know, but they also don't want to know at all. Seven days. It's been a full week since Kaden passed away. A full week of Harry and Camryn praying every night that when they wake up in the morning they'll get some sign from August to show that they're still alive. That they're still surviving in this hell they're in.

"Yeah, we texted back and forth yesterday,"Morgan whispers, pressing a few kisses down to the top of Jordan's head as she rocks their bodies side to side. "She's surviving but she's not doing well at all. I offered to come over and just sit with her but she said she didn't want to see anyone. I dropped by some food this morning since it's the one week anniversary, but I didn't even knock, I just left it on the porch and texted her."

"Have you seen them, mum?"Nora whispers, looking over at Camryn who looks teary as she stirs the sauce on the stove.

"Uh yeah, yeah I have,"Camryn nods, sniffling a bit as she wipes at her nose. "Right when my flight landed Bindi and I went straight to the hospital and dad and I got to go in and hold Kaden after he passed. But ever since then dad and I have just been giving them their space, although we drop by dinner every nigh and get a quick hug from Auggie, but I haven't seen Emryn since the hospital."

"I can't even imagine,"Nora sighs, putting her face in her hands and shaking her head as her stomach churns in a way that only a mother could imagine...losing your child? It would kill her. She's sure of it. "It makes me sick to think about."

"Same,"Darcy quietly agrees, rubbing her hand against her stomach as one of the twins kicks at her palm.

"You okay, sweetheart?"Camryn asks, watching as Nora's face crumples up despite her trying her best to not let it. She can hide the pain until her and Lennon get home. She doesn't want to make a show. The absolute last thing she wants to do is make a show, especially during this deep conversation that they're having.