Navigating Pregnancy Together

Lennon: 22

Nora: 22

February 24 2036 (24 weeks pregnant)

"Hello hello!"the ultrasound technician greets, walking into the room and finding Nora sitting up on the examination table with Lennon next to her, holding her hand tightly.

"Hi!"Lennon and Nora both greet, nervous smiles plastered on their faces.

"Are we ready to take a look at this sweet baby of yours?"the ultrasound technician asks, wiggling her eyebrows at Nora with a big smile as she sits down at the stool but the computer and begins to type in a few things.

"We are,"Nora nods, beginning to roll up her maternity shirt to expose her big belly that looks like it's already stretched to it's limit.

"Oh look at that gorgeous bump,"the ultrasound technician bubbles, pulling out the doppler and grabbing a tube of the blue jelly to smear over Nora's stomach. "Can I have you lay back on the table for me, darling?"

Nora nods and watches as Lennon immediately jumps up from his chair, taking both of Nora's arms into his hands and gently helping her lower back onto the bed, her big belly pointing right up towards the sky.

"Perfect!"the technician gushes, snapping on a pair of gloves, "warning, the jelly's a bit cold, sorry about that."

The technician drizzles the blue jelly onto Nora's bare stomach, chuckling as Nora jumps a bit in reaction to the cold temperature. "I know it, I'm sorry, darling. It will warm up, I promise."

Nora turns her cheek against the pillow to look over at Lennon who looks like he's about to piss his pants as he looks right at Nora and wiggles his eyebrows at her, giving her a big reassuring smile.

"Let's just take some quick measurements first..."the technician hums, her brow furrowing as she takes the measurements and then looks back down at Nora's stats that are recorded on a clipboard laying on her lap.

"Is everything okay?"Nora asks, her voice rising with fear as she catches onto the confused expression on the technician's face. She clutches onto Lennon's hand and shares a worried glance with him.

"Oh yes, I just..."she looks up at Nora and furrows her brow even more. "It says here that you're 24 weeks?"

"I am, yeah,"Nora nods, swallowing back the bile that's raising in her throat. Something's wrong. Something's very wrong and she's about to begin spiraling. She did something wrong. She knew she was going to screw this up somehow.

"Normally babies are around 1.32 pounds at 24 weeks, but your babe here is measuring 3.33 pounds."

"Oh, yeah,"Nora breaths a sigh of relief, feeling Lennon relax beside her as well. "That's normal, the babies huge, we knew that."

"Oh okay,"the technician chuckles, nodding her head. "Sorry to worry you darling, I was just afraid that we had the wrong due date."

"No no, everything's right, I just married a guy who was 10 pounds when he was born,"Nora jokes, squeezing Lennon's hand in relief and resting her head back against the pillow as the technician giggles quietly.

"Do we have any guesses for what it is?"the technician asks, putting the doppler on Nora's stomach as she begins to simultaneously tap on the computer keyboard.

"I think it's a boy,"Nora proudly proclaims, smirking over at Lennon who jokingly shakes his head and scrunches his nose at her. She's felt like the baby was a boy from the day they found out about it, and she hasn't had a doubt in her mind since.