Chapter 7 - T-10 minutes 'til detonation

Anakin looked after her as she started to walk and thought to himself before taking a small step after her and then stopping there. Ahsoka of course noticed his movement aswell as something being on his mind and turned to meet his face. He took another second to think before speaking.

"- Need assistance?" He asked, something told him that there would be something going wrong if she left alone. Perhaps it was nothing but he should he still should ask her just in case. He kept his voice neutral and just asked her as a friend, Ahsoka was usually more likely to accept help if she was only asked and not demanded. Most often she probably refused only to irritate him when he ordered her to bring assistance.

"- I can handle myself," she said smirking the way she always did. "And besides, the boys are busy cleaning out this place from all the droids," Ahsoka gestured around her where layed broken battledroids that Rex's group had taken out earlier after taking out the two turrets. One of them sparked to life when she spoke and a metal hand slowly and shakily took a grip around her ankle while the head let out small sounds that seemed like it was trying to speak. "You focus on that head-clanker and I'll make sure this base becomes unoperational for all future." Ahsoka finnished while burying her still ignited yellow-green shoto into the head of the droid so that it once and for all died. The loose grip on her leg loosened and she kicked it away by moving her foot to the side. After her last sentence she turned so her side faced Anakin and carefully patted a extension on her belt that carried thermal detonators, or in other words bombs.

"- Okay then," Anakin sighed, he knew Ahsoka would take care of herself. "Just make sure you're far away when those detonate. One might not be very powerful but combined they are quite dangerous. You know that." Anakin marked his words with the last short sentence. Ahsoka did know. She had first-hand experience with the effects of explosions. She could remember very well -a bit too good for her liking- how the destruction of the droidfactory on Geonosis had went; gravel laying over and under her and Barriss as the generator imploded and they were left in darkness surrounded by dust-filled air that slowly suffocated them both.

"- Yea yea Skyguy, just tell the troops that part is off limits once I've placed all out. These tend to make quite the firework," she told while again smirking.

"- I will," Anakin responded and stood chuckling for a good minute after she left.

Meanwhile Ahsoka had almost reached what must be the tacticalcenter. As secluded as the area was, hidden behind rows after rows of tanks, she only barely could hear the ongoing battle on the far other side of the base. There were only the standard B1-battledroids that weren't really a challenge for the Republic's experienced and well trained clones so they didn't really need her help.

Thanks to the plan going smothly most of the droids had went out of the opposite gate and the clones managed to place them in an ambush where they were protected by the Sepparatist's own base while the droids were left outside without cover. As she had understood there were now only really clean-up to do aswell as some smaller groups of them, something which hardly ever needed a Jedi or even commander or captain in lead to be handled.

Clean-up work as they called it was the unofficial term they used for taking out the last enemies when the main forces were already dead, and the battle basically already won. There were always one or a couple of droids that had hidden somewhere and then would walk around the place just like idiots afterwards with no clue of what was going on. The more forces that had existed from the start the more of these droids would they have to find. They might have not been any real threat but they could always manage to harm one or a couple of troopers incase they weren't viped out. Today Ahsoka was pretty sure that they'd find atleast a ten or twenty of them due to the large amount of droids that had been in the facility before they came.