Chapter 27

I think you guys are going to like this one :)

When Anakin was outside the building and had his things back he quickly contacted Rex.

"How is she?" Was the first thing Rex asked when he answered.

"Pretty shitty, Rex, they expelled her from the order. It's better if she tells you herself, they've got her in a cell for now."

"What?!" He said, and Anakin could feel the anger behind even without the force. After a second his captain gathered himself and spoke again. "Anything I can do?"

"Yes, that's why I commed. She needs you. Or at least I think it would do her good to have you here. I could get you in so the two of you can be alone for a while."

"I'm on my way, where do we meet up?"

"Right outside the Center for Military Operations."

"Copy that. See you soon."

-

"Ahsoka!"

Ahsoka's eyes shot up and she saw the red shield disappear and two people enter her cell. "Rex!" The thick walls, her headache and general state had managed to distract her from noticing them coming. She hurried up and quickly took the few steps into Rex's arms. He lifted her up so she stood on her toes and hugged her for a long time. She nuzzled into his chest, or rather chestplate, trying to find any of that comforting warmth. It was way too chilly in the cellblock for Togrutas to be comfortable.

His armoured arms held her tightly and warmed her back that wasn't covered by any fabric.

"What did they say? Why are you going on trial?" Rex separated himself from her but still held her shoulders.

"They didn't believe me. I.. I was expelled. They had already decided, before I even got there. There was nothing we could do." Her voice broke and she gripped his body glove where it was exposed to pull him to her again. His arms wrapped back around her.

Rex was too stunned to speak. She could feel it on him. There was nothing to be said. The entire situation was unbelievable.

"Tarkin turned it into politics." Anakin had stayed by the entrance but joined them now as they parted from each other for another time. Ahsoka sat down on the bench. "They thought it would look biased to only conduct an internal Jedi trial. It was all politics, just politics." Anakin gritted his teeth and shook his head. The room felt even colder.

"What can I do? What can we do?" Rex asked, interrupting the silence that was about to take over.

Anakin put his hand on his shoulder. "Nothing. The trial is going to happen, whether we like it or not."

The both of them turned to her.

Ahsoka sighed, "So, as I see it, there are two things that can happen. Either, I'm found not guilty, unlikely or not, and I am let back into the order. Or, I am charged and put in a maximum security prison for the rest of my life, if I'm lucky, and they don't go for the death penalty."

Anakin gripped her arms, hard. "Don't say that. I can not allow you to even think that, Ahsoka."

"How am I supposed to think? It's the truth."

All of them took a moment of silence to process it, the situation. Then they took it on like they would an upcoming battle. Rex was first. "Okay, attorneys, who have we got?"

"I will look into all the top ones," Anakin responded to him.

Ahsoka shook her head at them. "Padmé. I want Padmé, I need someone that I know."