Chapter 15 - Best Friends

They finnished the second and then later third round and Ahsoka could start feeling the effects of her drinks, much to her own liking. The music was fading in the background, as was her headache and they got out and danced for a while by her suggestion. When they came back they were both already tired and noticed the same was for Fives and Kix who now had joined them.

"- Kix," Rex nodded to his brother who he jet hadn't met that night and was about to say something more when Ahsoka interuppted him.

"- Look," she said, lightly touching Rex's chin to show him what direction to look in. The few ones who sat also took notice and grew quiet as they watched Jesse with who they suppoused were a date. Just then he looked their way.

"- I told you," he said approaching the table, the blue Twi'lek woman by him clinging snake-like to his arm and side. His smile was vide and confident with a glimpse in his eye as if he just had won over his brother in Sabbac, but in reality it was just one of the colourful lights reflecting in the pupil of his eye. Ahsoka rolled her eyes at the sight. She knew well how the guys would walk home with girls but that didn't mean she fully liked it.

"- Whatever. We were just leaving, come on Rex it's late," she said and tapped Rex on his shoulder to look at her and follow. Jesse gave her a side eye as she went past but then dissapeared somewhere in the crowd with the woman and Ahsoka guessed he was on his way out just like them. She started taking the first steps but then heard Fives behind her.

"- I'll go with you," he said and she nodded to him.

"- Sure." She was about to go again when she layed eyes on Kix. She stopped in her tracks, "Kix, aren't you coming too? I can tell you're tired." The medic sat leaning into the orange backrest, eyes only half open and the darkred scarf he wore hung loosely around his neck, covering the collar of his civvies. Vaughn had dissapeared closer to the bar too now, leaving Kix alone at the table as Fives was leaving.

"- Eh I'm fine, someone has to stay make sure none of these idiots around here gets themselfves killed or injured. Thanks for the offer." Kix gestured around him at his brothers who were stumbling around the dancefloor and Ahsoka couldn't protest that. It was a wonder there hadn't been some sort of catastrophe there yet.

"- Fine, have it your way. But make sure you get home safe and don't stay out too late." Rex and Fives a few steps away turned to watch the conversation while waiting and Fives smiled at Ahsoka's words and the reaction he knew that would get from the drunk medic.

"- Okay MOM." Ahsoka watched him with wide eyes. She could hear Fives giggle behind her and gave him a deathglance before turning and coming back to her sences.

"- Nope, I'm leaving. Goodbye soldier." She hurried away and put an arm around Rex who returned the gesture as they walked to the entrance, closely followed by Fives. "What was that?!" Ahsoka asked as soon as they got out and could speak normally without having to shout over music.

"- You don't see him like that often, drunk Kix is like a batch of rations that actually tastes good -rare." Fives jumped in between them from behind making them separate. His joke got to the tipsy Ahsoka who burst out laughing.

"- Oh so that explains it." She wrapped a friendly arm around Fives' shoulder and took some support from him. She didn't need it, she wasn't that drunk, but she enjoyed the look in Rex's face when she did it.

The walk back was was short, or atleast it felt short. The evening and now early night had been nice. And Ahsoka knew nearing the barracs meant they soon would have to part their ways.

"- This is me," Rex said as they stopped outside. He turned from them walking arm in arm to face Ahsoka. Fives watched from the side.

"- I'll give you guys a moment," he said, giving Ahsoka her arm back and walked away a bit to stop closer to the doorway. Ahsoka shot him a thankful look and then turned to put all her focus on Rex.