Chapter 14 - The calm before the storm

I'm back to posting!! Sorry for not being able to do it during the summer, my family is really big on travelling and although the pandemic I've been both up and down Sweden which doesn't leave much time to write. From now on I'm continuing with my previous schedule of posting every Tuesday:)) Now this is another pretty short chapter but hopefully it will still be appreciated.

As you'll notice this kinda overlapps with one of the earlier chapters except this is from Ahsoka's perspective instead of Rex's.

After bringing Letta back to the temple it was late and the sun had gone down, only leaving a slight nyance of orange in the horizont from Ahsoka's room. She didn't bother trying to contact Rex from her holopad. He would already be asleep at this hour.

The next morning as she walked out into the shared space between her and Anakin's room there was as she had thought a pile of his clothes that apparently needed to be repaired. She had pretty much expected it after his crash the day before. She sighed at the sight but then hurried down to breakfast.

She was tired, counting the time from that she woke up until she fell asleep she had been awake for almost 36 hours. And she had to go up early, way too early for any of the clones to be up, atleast those from the 501st, even Rex. Luckily she did find Barriss and hung out with her until she had to go again and do a short follow up on the mission from yesterday.

Everything was slowly going back to normal in the temple and even if the bomb had been less than 48 hours ago everyone acted as if nothing had happened now that the guilty had been caught. The thought of it being a Jedi still bothered somehow but it wasn't as bad now.

Once the meeting with the council was over Ahsoka walked back to the room with Anakin and took the clothes before heading to Barriss'. When she arrived she knocked on the door. After a second of waiting it opened up a decimeter and when Barriss saw who it was she opened it the rest of the way.

"- Ahsoka. Come in," she said with a smile and they walked inside and sat down on her bed. Barriss took out her sewing things and they got to work. Ahsoka started on Anakin's robe while Barriss worked on one of her own skirts that had gotten a tear in it's hem. They chatted like usual although Barriss seemed a bit off, but given the events recently Ahsoka didn't think of it very much. Once Barriss was done with her skirt she looked over Ahsoka's work and shook her head. Ahsoka relentlessly sew shut and then undid the seam over and over again over a small gap trying to make it look good. Barriss giggled.

"- What?" Ahsoka asked but she just continued and covered her mouth with her hand. "I'm serious, what is it?" Ahsoka continued but Barriss didn't give any answer and instead tried to suppress her laughter.

"- Ehh Ahsoka, you know what? Just give it to me, you've always been worthless when it comes to handiwork," Barriss said and rolled her eyes once she got controll and gained her breath back. Ahsoka gave her a quick glance but then responded.

"- Well, not everyone can be as perfect as you, right Barriss?" She joked and started to giggle while handing over Anakin's broken tunic. "And atleast I'm better than Anakin," she continued with at least a bit of truth in her words.

"- Perchance," Barriss answered and smiled but then went silent. "..." Ahsoka thought she was going to say something more but it never came and when she reached out to their forcebond like she would do at times she drawed herself back and didn't let her in. She was about to try reaching out with her hand too but stopped herself mid-motion and pressed her mouth shut.

Jedi weren't suppoused to have relations as close as those she had and acting the same way she would when around Anakin or Rex wasn't going to work here. Barriss was and had always been a more traditional Jedi. Although Ahsoka often had tried she knew she never could get as close to Barriss as her masters or the clones. Luminara had taught her well how to not form any sort of attachments.