Chapter 18 - Running part 2

They met again outside. Anakin had contacted Obi-Wan quickly as well as called in Odball, one of the few pilots outside of the 501st that he could call a friend. Ahsoka had not yet left the building but he knew stealth was one of her strenghts and that it was only a matter of time. And when she did get out they would need the ships to pursue her. There already were ships at the base but he just prefered to have those he was familiar to and knew by name. Especially since it was Ahsoka they were chasing. He needed men he could trust and knew trusted him when he gave more questionable orders.

The air was cold and small rain drops fell down on Anakin and Rex when they walked over the large area outside the base. Fox and his troop of clones had sent a message to get there as fast as possible but they didn't yet know what for.

"What's going on?" Anakin pushed through the group to get to the front where Fox was. He seemed to have been speaking into his comm' and when he heard the Generals voice he immediately turned around and made space for the two.

"We've found her," Fox informed them, "She's heading towards the industrial pipelines."

Anakin listened and then quickly answered while starting to hurry toward the landing area. "Set weapons to stun, I want her alive!" Fox repeated the order into his commlink while they ran to inform those that lead the chase.

A cold shiver went down Rex's back. That they had to specifically order his brother's to not use deadly violence on the person who had been on their side for years and never done anything to make them unlike her was just... Crazy. Ahsoka was good. No way she had done this, no way. It felt wierd too. It was a normal chase, something they had done during missions at least a thousand times but this was different. The way Fox said her name was as if she was the enemy. Technically she was, but the way everybody could turn on her this quick was scary.

He pushed down the thoughts and followed his general. Now was not the time to think about how things had went down, they just had to get her back before everything escalated even more, or at least make sure she didn't get hurt. If it came to risking her or going against his brothers Rex didn't know what he would do. His instinct told him to protect Ahsoka but he wouldn't be able to bear the guilt of harming his brothers, not again.

Far out on the pipes that left the military area they saw small flashes of green and blue through the fog and rain.

Troopers loaded onto gunships ahead of them and Anakin and Rex turned their heads up as Oddball followed by another pilot flew over them and join the chase. "Do not shoot to kill. DO NOT shoot to kill!" Anakin yelled to the pilots while he and the others followed from the ground. "Try to box her in. Don't let her escape," he continued ordering. "Tell me what you see Oddball."

Running like that, side by side, Rex could tell the worry that was in his General. He wasn't a Jedi, but he had worked with the 22-yearold for soon three years and knew when he was in a bad mood. He kept silent, there was nothing he could do in this situation.

Soon Oddball was leading the hunt and started updating them. "She's moving west along the central viaduct." It was all the information they got, even if Rex had hundereds of questions in his head, such that weren't protocol in this situation. They saw an explosion ahead of them and a small form being thrown off the railing that was on both sides of the path. They were out far on the pipes at this point and they could see how the ships further ahead started cirkling around a small rectangular area betwen the large pipes where service hatches and other maintenace instalments could be found.

The ships' headlights shined through the light fog and followed Ahsoka's movements. She was trapped.

They finally reached her. They stopped at the top of the stairs leading down to her. She was completely surrounded from all sides. Two dog-like reptile creatures growled and barked at her and she had lost one of her lightsabers. The ships that were after her stationed themselfves hovering on top of the pipes and allowed even more clones to direct their weapons at her.