They don't need to know

Amor POV:

The rest of the day went smoothly and I managed to avoid my stepbrothers and any attention. I told Gia about the fight and she was surprised that I could or would do something like that. I brushed it off as everyone thought that after the first time they hear of my fights.

I was leaving school, intent on walking home when low and behold, whats-his-face nightmare guy is waiting for me. His fist was bandaged up and he had a couple of 'mean' looking guys around him.

"Oh look, it's Mr Nightmare guy! Here to beat yourself up again?" I asked

"We'll wipe that smug look off your face," one of the guys said and they all came at me.

Seeing as they all did the same thing, I just stepped to the side and easily dodged their punches. I sighed before dragging one to me and bringing him to the ground and stamping on his face. 1 down 2 go. I dodged one of their punches but got hit in the arm by Nightmare. The other guy tried to punch me again but I grabbed his arm twisted it around his back and broke his arm. At this point, Nightmare was hesitating but I'm not just letting him get away.

I grabbed his hair and slammed his head into my knee.

"Goddammit, you got blood on my clothes" I yelled. I grumbled and walked away from my second fight this day.

Is what I planned in my head.

Yeah, no, I'm not some fighting maniac. I just took a couple of punches to the face and pretended to be unconscious. After a few kicks, they left and I got up.

I sighed and started on my walk home. By the time I reached the house, school finished half an hour ago. It's a long walk with a limp.

I opened the door quietly and snuck upstairs. I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up.

I walked out and downstairs into the kitchen where everyone was, trying to hide my limp.

"Where were you?" My Mum asked.

"Just taking a long walk" I lied

"Ok well, Mike and I are going out and we'll be back late tonight so the boys will be looking after you"

"13 years old, don't need to be looked after" I stated blankly.

I said goodbye and watched as they walked out the door. I was about to walk upstairs but Ash called my name.

"Why do you have a bruised cheek?" He asked me

"I do? Oh well, nothing. I- uh fell?" I said more like a question

"Uh-huh, sure," he said

"Listen Just don't worry about it"

"Alright, whatever you say. Eli and I are having some friends round later, okay?"

"As if I had a choice in the matter," I said as I walked upstairs.

I went into my room and locked the door with a sigh. Great. Now I have to hide bruises.

I flopped onto my bed and fell asleep.

-

I woke up to the sound of whispering so I decided to eavesdrop

"Dude, be quiet or he'll wake up," Some guy said, ok now I was worried. Who is this guy?

"Don't worry, he sleeps through everything" I heard Eli say. Phew. I decided to see where this was going.

"Alright, just get the pen," the guy from before said. Ah so that's what's happening

I felt the bed dip and y'know when you can feel someone getting close to you? Yeah well, I waited until he was really close then proceeded to scream at the top of my lungs.

I heard all 3 guys scream and I opened my eyes to see one guy on the floor next to my bed and Eli and someone else clutching their hearts.

I burst out laughing at the look on their faces

"Y-you actually thought you c-could do that without me knowing" I laughed. "That was the funniest thing I've ever seen"

"Oh you're in for it now" Eli threatened

I immediately stopped laughing and jumped out of bed, sprinting out the door. I heard the 3 boys running after me so I opened the first door I saw and locked it after I'd gotten in. I sighed a breath of relief and turned around to be faced with a confused looking Ash and his friend.

"Your brother is crazy" I stated walking towards his window

"Yo, who's the kid?" The guy asked

"1, not a kid, 2 don't worry, I'm irrelevant and you should forget my existence. Ash, I'm going out for a few hours, see ya later." I said as I climbed out of his window and dropped with a roll onto the ground.

I went for a little walk and took photos that I posted to my Instagram. 

-

After maybe 3 hours, I walked through the front door and went to the kitchen to make food.

I started making toast when I was interrupted by Levi

"Hey, where have you been?" He asked me

"Just went for a walk while Eli calmed down, are the 4 others still here?"

"Only Jake, Ashton's friend. Where'd you get the bruise by the way?"

"Just fell out a tree on my walk" I answered quickly

"That's not what you told me" Ash walked in with his friend.

At that moment my toast popped up

"Ah well would ya look at that, my toast is ready" I started spreading butter on it and put everything away.

"I started walking out when I bumped into Eli. I gulped and he smirked

"What's the matter Am? Scared?" He asked

"Not really but here, toast I made for your forgiveness"

"Not forgiven but I'll take the toast," He said as he took the toast

"Seriously, where did you get the bruise, it looks bad," Levi asked

I hesitated. These guys don't need to know about my school life.

"Don't worry yourself, I'm fine and even if I wasn't I wouldn't tell you" I did a peace sign as I walked out.

Ashton POV:

"He is definitely getting bullied," Jake said

"What makes you think that?" Eli asked

"His lies, hesitation, brushing off the matter. Reminds me of my younger self" he said

"Why don't we just get him to spill?" Levi asked "I mean we can always tickle it out of him"

Jake looked confused but quickly understood.

"Well, it's only been 1 day, if it carries on, we'll get him to talk. For now, just keep an eye out in school" Eli said

We all agreed and went to our respective rooms with Jake in mine.

I don't know why but I feel protective of the kid. The thought of him being bullied gives me an unsettling feeling.

Whatever, I'll just ask my friends to keep an eye out too.