CHAPTER THREE

(⬆️COLLEGE JOSHUA⬆️)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Remember your thesis deadlines! Goodbye, Class!"

Joshua lazily packed his belongings, dumping his research materials in his messenger bag in a jumble before slinging the bag over his shoulder and exiting the school, sighing from emotional fatigue rather than physical exhaustion.

Joshua is greeted by the eerie atmosphere of the night, as well as a cold breeze, as soon as he exits the room. He looked at his wristwatch, which read 7 p.m. He started walking to the parking lot, letting out another tired sigh.

As they walked in front of him, his classmates were being noisy and cheery, as they normally are. Suddenly, an arm draped itself around his shoulders, and he turned to see Namjoon, his constant partner in all of his night classes, and the only classmate he finds tolerable.

He and Namjoon first met about two years ago, when Joshua first enrolled in a night class and discovered that he was the only other Korean in the entire class. They frequently converse in Korean, but since Namjoon is also a decent English speaker, despite being a complete Korean, they frequently converse in English as well. They will occasionally assist each other with homework and assignments. They've also revealed a few intimate details about their lives on occasion.

Kim Namjoon had already completed his college course and was now taking night classes to obtain more units in order to fulfil his requirements and follow his chosen profession. He is Joshua's oldest classmate, but he is also the brightest and most tolerable. Joshua was fortunate to have met him.

"Hey, did you hear? Previously, a benefactor account had been deactivated. According to rumours, the benefactor has already terminated the deal and is preparing to leave their department. I believe it's the drama department."

Joshua's tempo slowed as he became genuinely concerned. "Is that true? Who was the benefactor?"

Namjoon shakes his head and clicks his tongue. "Unfortunately, I don't have the information yet, but trust me when I do, bro, I'll get it to you as soon as possible."

Joshua teasingly elbowed the older man and grinned. "I'll hold you onto that."

They kept walking until they left the building and approached the parking lot, with Namjoon just chuckling. "Anyway, bro, do you need a ride?"

Joshua smiled and nodded. "Thank you but no. I brought my own ride this time."

This time, for sure. Joshua normally takes the bus or rides with Namjoon from school to his apartment on any given school day. Joshua doesn't mind commuting over driving his own car; it's not because he's a bad driver or something. Commuting just makes him feel more at ease. Especially when he's exhausted from a long school day. However, for unexplained reasons, he felt compelled to drive himself today.

Namjoon grinned and patted the younger on the back. "So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Take it easy on the way home, bro!"

"You as well!" Namjoon kept walking until he got into his own car, though Joshua grinned as he stopped by his car.

Joshua climbed into his car, neatly stowing his messenger bag in the passenger seat, and started the engine. He fastens his seatbelt, and just as he was about to step on the gas pedal, his phone vibrates from its place on the dashboard.

Normally, he would ignore it and wait until he returned home to check his phone. But, just as he had an odd desire to use his car today, the same strange feeling came over him as he stared at his phone, which was still vibrating wildly and about to fall off the dashboard if Joshua hadn't moved fast enough to catch it. Just as the call ended and went straight to voicemail, he caught a glimpse of the caller ID. Joshua reclines in his seat and unlocks his phone, where he is astounded by the number of messages and phone calls he has missed, all from the same person. His phone then vibrates briefly as another message, from the same person, appears on the screen.