CHAPTER EIGHT

(⬆️MR. KIM HWAN⬆️)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was quiet for a minute or so before their shock gave way to smiles.

"Jisoo Hyung!" exclaims the narrator.

Dino and Soonyoung scramble out of their seats in a blur, tackling the older American man into a close embrace. They both had the same big smile on their faces.

"You're here! You're really here!"

"We missed you Hyung!"

"I missed you as well." Jisoo cooed in response to the hug. He was overcome with emotion as a result of the unexpectedly warm welcome he had received. He had truly missed his friends, no, they were more than that, and they were more like brothers to him.

They drew away from each other's embrace, and it was only then that either boy noticed the other person standing close behind Jisoo. Dino's eyes glowed with even more excitement, if that was even possible given that the pink-haired teen was practically buzzing and bouncing on his feet.

Dino then let out a gleeful laughlaughing as he rushed past Jisoo and tackled the individual standing behind him in another massive bear hug. Soonyoung, on the other hand, lost his smile the moment he saw the guy Jisoo had brought with him, and all of his earlier enthusiasm vanished into thin air. He didn't dare to approach the younger man, or even give him a look, unlike Dino.

Jisoo notices and feels a frown forming on his face, but remembering where he is and who he is with, he pushes the frown away and plasters a smile on his face. He decided to leave it alone for the time being and sat in the nearest vacant chair, which happened to be next to Seokmin, who was still frozen in his seat, while Dino practically dragged the other person with him and forced him to sit in the vacant chair between Jihoon and Dino. Soonyoung follows the two quietly and reclaims his seat on Jihoon's other side.

The smaller male notices a change in his partner's mood the moment he sits down again, and it doesn't take him long to figure out why. Jihoon sighed and reached for one of Soonyoung's hands, which was neatly placed on his lap. Jihoon clasps their hands together and gently squeezes Soonyoung's hand. Soonyoung was taken aback by the action, and the corners of his lips tugged up in a small, loving smile as he softly squeezed Jihoon's hand in return.

Jisoo politely greeted everyone at the table, from the party's hosts to Wonwoo, who was adjusting Mingyu's collar, and Jisoo didn't have to guess the true nature of their relationship because the two's sweet glances and even sweeter movements said it all. Soonyoung and Jihoon, who were exchanging not-so-secret looks and sweet smiles, were in the same boat.

Dino is now chatting it up with the person Jisoo brought along, leaving the last person at the table who hasn't said a word since Jisoo arrived, let alone cast a glance in the young American man's direction. Jisoo thought it was odd to say the least, but then recalls what they were talking about before Jisoo decided to intervene. Jisoo's cheeks were instantly dusted with a cute shade of pink.

Mr. Kim's nephew, that is, but Jisoo only gave the young teen a small, awkward smile before turning to face the person sitting next to him. Jisoo couldn't help but look at the younger man next to him for a moment. He hadn't seen the adorable ray of sunshine beside him in years, and the more he stared, the more he realized how much Seokmin had grown.

The chubby cheeks have been replaced by beautifully structured cheek bones and sharply defined jaws. The light wrinkles on his brows that appear when he smiles, as well as the serious glint in his natural honey brown eyes. He appeared more mature, but he still had that childish demeanour about him. And Jisoo's favourite trait in him is that eternal brightness that seems to rival even the sun itself.