CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"This is where you'll be spending the next 13 days, boys. It's a little tiny and basic, but I'm sure you'll be fine."

The boys found themselves standing in the center of the arrival area after the plane had safely landed on Jeju Island, their eyes scanning the crowd for anyone they recognized. When they saw an individual carrying a banner with their group's name standing with the other people behind the barricade, relief washed over them.

With a huge smile on his face, he called them over and ushered them to the parking lot, where they were picked up by a bus and driven to the location where they would be staying for the next thirteen days.

The boys enjoyed every minute of the two-hour drive from the airport. They had a good time admiring the city streets and taking photos of the scenery. Their enthusiasm was understandable given that this was their first visit to Jeju Island. They arrived at their destination after another half-hour drive.

A village by the mountain side of the beautiful city of Seogwipo.

Mr. Kim hired a local guide to assist the boys in finding the location where they would be living. Noticing that there were no hotels nearby, only a simple village, the boys began eyeing the houses, thinking they might be staying in one. When the guide led them to one of the houses at the top of a hill, they were right.

The house is charming, cozy, and quaint, with a nice front yard and a small vegetable garden on the side. The boys gasped as the guide slid the door open. The inside was even prettier and cozier, with warm-toned wallpaper on the walls and beige carpeting on the floor.

"This house only has one bathroom which is down the hallway right there along with a small kitchen. Then here we have the rooms where you can sleep in. The village have prepared the rooms prior to your arrival. The futon mattresses and pillows are all new. There are no air conditioning because of the cold weather up here, we didn't see the need for it."

The guide chuckled as he stood in the doorway of the boys' room, watching as they sat down on the floor, some getting comfortable and laying down while others began to unpack.

"Ok, I'll leave you guys to settle in; there's a restaurant a few blocks away if you want to eat, and if you need anything else, feel free to call me or the village chief. Our phone numbers, as well as the number for the food delivery service, are posted on the refrigerator. Before I go, do you have any questions?"

"That is all there is to it. Thank you for your assistance, uncle." Seungcheol grinned and bowed his head in thanks. The boys soon followed suit. The guide returned the bow with a smile.

"Good night boys!" And the boys chorused a good night before they hear the sliding door shut close.

Seungcheol gathered the boys and made them sit in a circle for a group meeting because they had nothing else to do. The boys have agreed on a rooming arrangement after nearly an hour of deliberation. After the discussion, the boys went to their rooms to begin unpacking their belongings. The boys then take turns using the toilet in pairs of two. One is brushing his teeth and the other is showering.

The other boys began assembling their futon beds on the floor while waiting for their turn. Six futon beds in one room and six more in the other. Seungcheol is in charge of the blankets and pillows, ensuring that they are distributed evenly among the twelve boys.

Jihoon, the only one who refused to shower because he was too tired, had buried himself under the comfort of his blanket with his eyes glued to his phone when Soonyoung came running into the room, all showered and hyper for some reason, and jumped on the futon bed with Jihoon who was laying on his side.