CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(⬆⬆JASMINE⬆⬆)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Can I please have a cupcake, Oppa?"

A two-story building stood on the outskirts of the city of Seogwipo in a quaint small town in the province of Jejudo on the beautiful island of Jeju. A refuge for children, some of whom have been abandoned by their parents, some of whom have had more traumatic histories, and some of whom have been left at the building's doorstep as babies or new-borns.

But, thankfully, there are a few decent people who have taken it upon themselves to look after the children. Making the aforementioned structure a sanctuary for the little ones. All a child requires, including clothing, food, warm beds to sleep in, and, most importantly, unconditional love.

As if starting the orphanage wasn't enough, the building's owner has also taken on the responsibility of providing monthly allowances for the children's needs. His affection for children is well-known, but his true identity remains unknown. Despite this, he never fails to show his love and support for the orphanage, which is now known as The Sweet Tangerine Angels Orphanage.

Since the land where the building stood was surrounded by a large plantation of lush tangerine trees bearing the sweet fruit that the children adored, it was given the name 'Sweet Tangerine.' And angels because the children are good, kind, and very lovely, despite their dark history, they have maintained a positive and innocent mind-set.

Today is a special day because it is the orphanage's third anniversary, and there was a special celebration in the building's backyard, where lush green grass blanketed the field and cute little kids played around. Three picnic tables stood side by side, each laden with delectable foods and treats that the children and staff shared.

A four-year-old girl came toddling up to the table, smiling brightly, and politely asked the person standing by the table for a cupcake, assuming it was one of the workers.

When the individual turns around, she cutely gasps before squealing with delight as he crouches down and catches the little girl just as she leaps into his arms for a hug.

"Daddy!"

She mumbled from her father's ear, "I missed you so much Daddy," and she felt her father holding her tighter. She had an adorable pout on her face as they broke away from the embrace.

Just a brief sweet kiss on the child's forehead elicited a chuckle from the man "Sweetheart, I missed you as well. So much to say"

And he did so in a significant way. He's been away for a week on business in Seoul, leaving his only child in the care of the orphanage's workers. It was difficult, but it was worthwhile. His sacrifices for his daughter are well worth it.

The four-year-old girl's pretty face breaks into a grin, and her eyes sparkle with delight. "Daddy, did you bring your best friend with you today?"

The man could only nod his head and watch as his daughter's eyes brightened, if that was even possible. He raised the child onto his hip and walked across the lawn, ignoring her perplexed expression, until they reached the playground. The man comes to a halt and searches the playground before he finds what he's looking for.

Another man was playing with the toddlers by the Jungle Jim playground range, assisting the little boys and girls in climbing the mini set of stairs before letting them slide down the slide. They do it over and over, and cheery laughter fills the air.

As he quietly sneaks behind the man, he smiles with a hint of mischief. He comes to a halt a few feet away and places his daughter on the ground; when the toddlers see him approaching, he puts his finger to his lips. As they run up and down the slides, the toddlers giggle and pretend they didn't notice the man.