CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Wow, this place is massive!"

"Don't swear."

The boys woke up bright and early the next day. They took turns using the bathroom and getting ready for the day. They left the house when everyone was ready and had breakfast at the restaurant the guide recommended the night before. The same bus arrived half an hour later to pick up the boys, and it took another half an hour for them to arrive at their destination, where a staff was already waiting for them.

The staff leads the boys into the building, where they are filled with awe and amazement.

Jeju's International Convention Center.

On the island of Jeju, the ICC Jeju opened in 2003 at the Jungmun Resort near Seogwipo. It started as a joint venture between a private and public entity and is now wholly owned by the public. It is made up of a larger oval-shaped glass frame and a smaller round glass annex, as well as supporting infrastructure. The largest hall will hold 4500 people, with smaller halls and meeting rooms available.

The structure is located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and consists of a massive elliptical entirely glass-walled structure four floors above ground (and two below) connected to a smaller circular building containing restaurants and coffee shops. The Jeju Convention Bureau is housed in this structure.

The staff led the boys down the aisles of chairs and past the front, where a custom stage was being constructed, to the largest hall. Mr. Kim and a few other people were waiting for them in the makeshift backstage area, one of the many smaller halls.

Mr. Kim grinned and welcomed the boys as soon as he saw them enter the room before introducing them to the other guests. From the people who will be working with them to the musicians who will be performing with them, all will be taken care of.

"Oh Hyerin is a South Korean singer-songwriter best known by her stage name Raina. She is the lead singer of a girl group in Seoul, and she is one of the other three artists who will perform with you at the concert." Mr. Kim introduced a lovely lady who giggled when she saw the boys.

The boys did an almost in-sync bow and a warm greeting for the lovely lady, who appears to be very amused and smiles back at the boys before returning the gesture.

After Raina, Mr. Kim introduced the boys to the two other boy groups from the first leg of the concert's official artist lineup. The first is a group of seven men known as MONSTA X, and the other group is familiar to the boys as they have previously performed with them four years ago. NU'EST.

Last but not least, there was a short man who, from a distance, might be mistaken for Jihoon due to his almost similar build and cute face, if it weren't for the other man's larger frame. He gave the boys a friendly smile and took the initiative to introduce himself.

"My name is Kye Beom-ju, but you can call me Bumzu because we'll be working together now. I write and arrange songs, but my primary occupation is that of a record producer. Since Jihoon is the group's resident music producer, I'll be working closely with him. I hope we get along swimmingly."

The boys happily shook Bumzu's hand, giving the older a proper and polite greeting, but when it was Soonyoung's turn, the light glare on his face didn't go unnoticed.

The whole 'working closely with Jihoon' thing didn't sit well with him, and he became irritated, not bothering to be discreet about it as he blatantly glares down at Bumzu. Behind the younger's glare, the latter detects a glint of jealousy. He chuckles at this, making the boys, particularly Soonyoung, frown in bewilderment.

"Mr. Kwon has nothing to be jealous of. I intend to keep my relationship with Jihoon to a professional level only. Plus, I don't lean that way, so we're all set." Bumzu winks at the couple in question, almost smiling at their matching flush red faces.