CHAPTER TEN

"Please remember, boys, that we have a meeting tomorrow, okay? When and where, I'll message you or call you, whichever is preferable. Also, and this is important, I want you boys to rest, a lot of it if you can, because one thing is certain: when the events begin, rest will be scarce. Is that clear?"

Some of the boys responded with a chorus of yeses, while others simply nodded their heads in agreement; they were exhausted and sleepy by this time, as it was already half past midnight. The boys had a great time at the ball until they were completely depleted of energy. As soon as the party entered the lobby, two male valets were dispatched to assist them.

Mr. Kim's keys were taken by one valet, who went to fetch the man's car, while Mingyu's keys were taken by the other.

They leave the lobby and enter the frigid darkness of the night. After that, a bone-chilling wind swept by, shocking and waking some of the boys from their slumber. Mr. Kim's car was the first to arrive, and the valet got out and opened the door for Ms. Gaeul and Samuel.

"Take care of yourself, and drive safely home, okay?" Ms. Gaeul said to the boys with a tired smile on her face before getting into the car after Samuel, who had already sat down, plugged in his headphones, and was likely playing loud music to block out his surroundings.

Throughout the night, the kid hardly talked to anyone. SEVENTEEN attempted to engage him in conversation, and Dino and Hansol even included him in a prank they were planning against one of the SEVENTEEN members, but they were caught before they could begin. But it was to no avail; Samuel kept his socializing to a bare minimum, just smiling along and then returning to his phone the next second. He's such a strange kid.

"Thank you very much for coming tonight, boys. It was wonderful to reconnect with you after all these years. And hopefully, when we see each other again tomorrow, we'll be able to catch up even more. So, guys, good night! Take care on your way back home!" Before getting in the driver's seat, Mr. Kim waved one last farewell to the boys, and the car pulled away seconds later.

Mingyu's car was the next to arrive, and the tall man jumped into the driver's seat right away, with the others following behind him.

"Jisoo Hyung, how about you? Where will you and Hansol spend the night?" As he waits for his friends to take their seats, Soonyoung inquired. Jisoo didn't seem to notice the hesitation in his tone because he was too preoccupied with his own thoughts.

Jisoo sighed and gave a small smile when he heard the question. He checked his phone for the time and for new messages from Namjoon, but there were none. "Actually, our uncle has already reserved a room for us here at the hotel, so.....I guess we'll just see each other again tomorrow."

Soonyoung pouted outwardly but sighed inwardly. For the time being, he'd rather not share a room with a certain young Caucasian male for personal reasons. Hansol and he didn't have any problems similar to his and Mingyu's, but the air between them became stiff and uncomfortable after the 'incident' years ago. Hansol barely looked at him the entire night, proving his point. It was as though they were avoiding each other on purpose.

Soonyoung sighs and shakes his head. None of it matters any longer. It has already occurred. What he needed to do now was mentally prepare himself for the days ahead, as it appeared he'd be spending more time not only around Hansol, but also around Mingyu. The former being more of a challenge than the later.

Soonyoung is jolted out of his reverie by a brisk wind. He realized he hadn't replied to the older man's question and opened his mouth to do so when Hansol cut them off in the middle of their conversation. Soonyoung tenses up and takes a few steps back, avoiding eye contact and even a glance in Hansol's direction.