13 | ᴀɴᴛɪ-ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I'm a little scared of this romantic feeling.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

He didn't know what made him step into their argument.

Why he had even bothered helping Soobin back there.

It felt as if his legs had a mind of their own as they carried him towards the school's park. Momentarily, Yeonjun had forgotten that he was dragging Soobin along with him. He turned around, releasing Soobin's arm.

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun asked, turning around, "you aren't hurt, are you?" He continued, studying Soobin's face.

"Why? Are you worried? Perhaps you've already started falling for me," Soobin replied, wearing that stupid grin whenever he knew he had the vampire wrapped around his little finger.

"Pffft. You wished," Yeonjun snorted.

"But, on the more serious note, thank you for saving me back there," he smiled, his dimples showing.

"It's nothing."

"Let me treat you to a meal," Soobin offered.

"A what?"

"To thank you," he continued to explain, "what about dinner tonight? Let's meet in front of the school's entrance at 6."

"And what if you try doing something weird to me?" Yeonjun questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"A 19-year-old human and a century-old vampire, do you really think I can even do much?" He laughed. Yeonjun pursed his lips.

"Fair enough."

"So, is that a yes?" Soobin asked, a grin creeping upon his face.

"We'll see," he replied, turning around to walk away, not noticing the latter beaming behind him as he felt his own smile glowing brightly.

Barely making it to his next class on time, Soobin quickly sat by his place next to Hueningkai. Panting heavily as he tried to catch his breath. Hueningkai blinked at him.

"You look as if you have just run a marathon," his friend exaggerated.

"Oh, really?" he breathed, unable to contain a smile.

"A marathon you won, at that," Hueningkai spoke, "did something happen?"

"Nothing," Soobin replied, humming to himself as he brought his textbooks out ("Something definitely happened," Hueningkai muttered under his breath.)

"Oh! By the way, do you know any good restaurants around here?"

"Restaurants? Well, I mean, there's a good barbeque place nearby. It's next to the mall outside of campus," the younger said.

"Great!"

"Why? You intend on taking someone there?" Hueningkai grinned, not bothering to suppress his interest in his friend's possible love life.

"Family friend," Soobin lied.

"You look extraordinarily happy to be eating with a family friend," he bantered.

Soobin turned a deaf ear to the latter's comment, choosing to now allow his friend's lack of enthusiasm to quell his own as he smiled to himself.