32 | ғᴀᴠᴏᴜʀs

* . °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Everything around him was hazy as Jae Yi felt as if he was floating in mid-air. It's another dream, he told himself, looking around. He didn't know where he was, but judging from the clothes the faceless strangers were wearing as they passed by him, it seemed as if he was at school.

Two strangers came into view. He recognised them. One of them was his own face, the other boy the person who visited his dreams every night.

Choi Yeonjun. That was what the boy's name tag wrote.

Then another familiar face came into view, slightly blurry. Yet, it seemed somewhat familiar, like he has seen it somewhere before.

Choi Soobin.

Why were these two boys always in his dreams? He wanted to know so badly. He couldn't remember a single thing about himself, not even his own name, and yet for some reason, all his dreams, his hopes of potentially finding out about the person he was back then, had those two in them.

Were they his best friends? No, from the vague hand gestures he could make out in this dream, it didn't seem like it—it looked as if they were disagreeing on something. And even if they were his friends, it would only make sense if they had visited him in the hospital.

Which they haven't.

Definitely not a friend, Jae Yi deduced.

Just then, everything seemed to have frozen in time as Jae Yi felt his senses returning, knowing that he was about to wake up from this dream. But just as the fragments of this memory slipped away, he heard it. He could see the way his lips moved as they mouthed the words:

"Tonight."

"Time out," said Yeonjun, panting heavily, tossing his racquet onto the floor as he sat down.

"Do you need a break?" Taehyun asked, noticing the latter desperately gasping for air.

"Yeah. Just give me a few minutes, and I'll be right back. I just need to use the locker rooms," Yeonjun breathed, steadying himself as he made his way out of the sports hall.

Reaching the locker rooms, he opened his locker, taking out a thermos flask from inside. Taking a sip, Yeonjun could feel its rich and flavourful taste causing a burning sensation to slide down his throat as the pounding sensation in his head slowly fading away.

It's a good thing Beomgyu gave me this last night, Yeonjun thought to himself, putting the bottle back in his locker as he turned around before locking eyes with someone.

Hueningkai. Who had the same shocked expression he was wearing.

"HUENINGKAI―HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE―" Yeonjun spluttered, an avalanche of thoughts falling on top of him at once.

"I was already here before you even arrived," he said calmly. "But anyway, did your eyes just glow red? Or am I seeing things?" Hueningkai continued casually. Yeonjun diverted his gaze from his stare.

Should he deny it? Runaway? Convince him that it was the trick of the light?

"No way―" Hueningkai said to himself in disbelief, snapping Yeonjun out of his trance. "Are you a vam―"

"SHHH!" Yeonjun whisper-shouted, putting a finger to his lips. Hueningkai immediately zipped his own as a smile creeps across his face. "Don't worry, my friend, your secret is safe with me," he sighed, patting Yeonjun on the shoulder, who didn't seem to have taken his word for it.

"Hueningkai found out?" Taehyun asked, laughing. "He's bound to figure it out sooner or later― I mean, he may not seem like it, but he's pretty sharp on things," said Taehyun as they ate their dinner.

"Really?" Yeonjun scoffed, wondering how someone so playful is described as "attentive" at the same time, recalling every memory of his encounter with the latter to only picture the loud person he is.

"Oh, by the way, I kinda want to ask you of a favour―if you don't mind it, of course," Taehyun continued.

"What is it?"

"Do you mind helping me babysit Ha Eun on the weekend?" Taehyun asked. "If you're fine with it, that is, I'm really sorry it's just that I―"

"I'll do it," Yeonjun replied curtly, "it's the least I can do after letting you let me stay here," he smiled.

"Thank you," Taehyun grinned back, his gratefulness clearly expressed on his face.

"What is it that you have to do on that particular day?" He asked.

''Ah, I'll be going to an Art Exhibition," the latter replied.

"Alone?"

"Well, I don't really have anyone interested in these kinds of things," Taehyun shrugged, appearing to look unbothered by this even though Yeonjun could sense the subtle loneliness in his voice.

"Well, that sounds pretty nice―the art exhibition, I mean," Yeonjun quickly added. "Do you mind me asking for the address and the time of it? I have a friend who has similar interests in this too. What if you guys went together?"

"I don't mind being alone, and having a friend won't sound too bad either. But it's okay, maybe that friend of yours won't be too comfortable with a stranger. If we do happen to meet there, though, then I guess it's fate," Taehyun replied sensibly.

Yeonjun raised an eyebrow.

"I'll send the address to you later," Taehyun laughed. "So... you don't mind looking after Ha Eun for the whole day?"

"Of course, I don't, don't sweat it. Just have fun, and I'll take care of the rest," Yeonjun said, casting a reassuring look.

"Did someone call my name?" A petite girl's voice came from behind. Yeonjun looked over to see little Ha Eun analysing them, a curious expression painted on her face.

"Ha Eun-ah, this Saturday, Taehyunnie will be busy, so Yeonjun will be here to look after you the whole day, okay?" Taehyun explained, patting her on the head.

"Alright," his little sister replied before skipping back to her room.

"She's like a mini version of you," Yeonjun chuckled.

"I get that way too many times," Taehyun sighed.

The sound of a received notification resounded across the room as Yeonjun looked over to his phone on the table to see a message from Soobin:

Soobin: Are you free during the weekend?

Reading the message, Yeonjun reached for his phone as he typed a reply,

Yeonjun: I'm sorry, I already promised Taehyun that I would help babysit Ha Eun TT

Soobin: Mind if I tag along? If it's okay with Taehyun, of course.

"Is it okay if Soobin comes too?" Yeonjun asked, looking up from his phone.

"Sure," Taehyun replied without thinking twice, "I'm sure Ha Eun would like it if Soobin comes too," he said.

"Thanks, Taehyun," Yeonjun said, smiling.

Yeonjun: It's settled. You can come :)

Soobin: See you this weekend then!

Just as Yeonjun was about to turn his phone off, he remembered that he needed to send a text to another person, one that will definitely give his friend a small surprise.

[A/N: my sincere apologies if this chapter was shit 🥲 I just wrote this after coming back from a pretty long break to clear my mind so yeah :> ]