37 | ᴅɪsᴘᴜᴛᴇs & ᴅɪᴠɪɴɪᴛʏ

*. °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•°. *

Yeonjun couldn't stop a rush of uneasiness now flooding his mind as he gaped at their unexpected guest.

Why the fuck is she here?

"Mrs Choi, you have arrived just in time," the principal noted as Aeri took a seat by their table. "What a coincidence too."

"Yeonjun called me here," Aeri replied curtly, adjusting herself in her seat.

"Ah, did he?" The man replied, darting a glance at his confused pupil before returning his attention to Mrs Choi. "Then you might already know that Yeonjun here had gotten into a little bit of trouble," he continued.

Aeri's face didn't change in the slightest, as if she had already known about it.

"Mrs Seo is on her way here, Principal Lee," his assistant informed.

"I'll go to escort her here then. While waiting, why don't you allow your son to explain himself?" Principal Lee said with a devilish grin before walking out of the room, his assistant trailing after him leaving Yeonjun and his mother alone in the room.

"Yeonjun, how are you?" She attempted to ask, but Yeonjun didn't reply, as if she wasn't there at all.

"Listen, I'm sorry about everything―"

"If you were sorry, then why did you conspired with Ji Woo in the first place? To make me unhappy? To take the one person who truly cares about me away?" He said, a lot softer than he had hoped it'd be. Yeonjun simply couldn't feel the anger in his voice any longer as emotions strangled his throat, his eyes brimming with tears.

"Yeonjun―listen to me―"

Being cut off from her sentence by the door swinging open, Aeri kept her mouth shut as three figures entered the room: Principal Lee, his assistant, and a woman completely dressed in designer brands from head to toe.

Her shoulder-length hair permed into voluminous curls, a rich shade of mauve purple silk wrapped around her slender figure. Diamond encrusted heels boosted her height as well as her ego as she carried herself into the room, exuding a luxuriant aura.

Aeri snorted.

The woman shot Aeri a fierce glare before promptly setting herself by the teacher's desk.

"Principal Lee, thank you so much for having me over again to discuss the details of Jae Yi's harassment case," she enthused, emphasising her words.

"Ah, yes, of course," he stammered as he began to flip through some papers. "Mrs Seo, this is Mrs Choi, parent of Yeonjun―a suspect of Jae Yi's case."

"Oh really now," she continued, feigning pity. There was just something about her disdainful stares and the tone of her voice that really made Yeonjun want to gouge her eyes out right there and then. He managed to restrain himself from doing so.

"Since you're here now, Mrs Seo, we can discuss the consequences Yeonjun will receive," Principal Lee continued to blabber on, seemingly to have already been bamboozled by the Seo lady, "I suggest suspending him for a week. What do you think?"

"Suspension for a week?" Mrs Seo gasped, clapping a hand to her mouth.

"Two weeks," Principal Lee added. Mrs Seo didn't look any more satisfied.

"Three weeks." She let out a yawn.

"Suspension?" She laughed, clapping her hands together as if she had been told a joke, "my dear principal, my son spent a week at the hospital. Suspending the kid won't do anything. I'd rather opt for an expulsion."

"Expulsion?" Principal Lee blurted, "but that's too much!"

"Oh, I'm sorry for only suggesting what's best for the school's reputation," Mrs Seo sighed. Yeonjun glared in her direction. "Will it do any good to keep a monstrous kid in the school?"

"Right, expulsion," Principal Lee mumbled, already keying in the details onto his laptop.

Yeonjun couldn't suppress a look of utter disbelief as he stared at the principal. Whoever this lady was, she certainly had enough power and money to be able to wrap the principal around her bony, little finger.

"Excuse me, principal, but I believe it's only right if I agree to these consequences too," Aeri interrupted. Raising a hand.

"Ah, yes. So, what do you think, Mrs Choi?" The principal said as if he was only acknowledging her presence right now.

"I refuse and deny any of these allegations forced upon my son."

Silence took over the room.

"Excuse me, Mrs Choi, but you seem to have forgotten the fact that your son had committed a crime here!" Mrs Seo shouted haughtily. "My husband will be able to send that son of yours to jail straightaway! Mind you; he's a lawyer working in one of the highest-rated firms in Korea!" She snorted, inspecting Aeri up and down before stopping as she caught a glint of platinum near her neck under the light.

"Oh, is that so?" Aeri said softly, playing with something around her neck. Yeonjun merely gaped at her: this was a serious matter of whether or not he would be going to JAIL, and his mother is still twirling around with her hair?

But then he saw it; it wasn't her hair Aeri was wrapping her finger around after all:  it was a necklace. Skillfully, Aeri revealed the rest of her necklace, bringing it out for everyone to see. It was a diamond-embedded one with each of the jewels sparkling brightly under the light; its pattern so brilliantly and meticulously designed that it would take a no-brainer to figure out that it must've cost thousand at least.

Mrs Seo kept her mouth shut.

"I'm sorry, but unlike you, Mrs Seo, I don't need a husband to bring justice to my son's case, so let me just repeat this one more time: I do not accept any of those punishments. I will be having Yeonjun reflect heavily on his actions that day. Have I made myself clear?" Aeri breezed.

And now Mrs Seo saw it. The woman seated just a few feet away from her wasn't an ordinary one: from the necklace she wore to the bag she was clutching right now were all limited designer pieces she, herself, couldn't snatch. It felt like she had been punched in the face.

"Mrs Seo, do you still want to claim any punishments held against Choi Yeonjun?" Principal Lee asked, snapping her out of her daze at once.

"N-no," she stammered, not daring to look at Aeri anymore.

"I guess it's settled then," Aeri said triumphantly. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I will be bringing Yeonjun outside to talk."

"Yes, of course," Principal Lee replied at once as he watched the two leave the room.

[A/N: I had way too much fun writing this chapter.]