51 | ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs

* . °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Moments after feeling his body drift off into a void, Yeonjun found himself very much awake in the middle of nowhere. He couldn't feel his limbs, neither did he bothered to anyway. It almost felt as if his body was a spirit's. Simply existing, and nothing other than that.

Then, all at once, he saw what was happening in front of him.

Minhyuk getting kidnapped...he's tied to a chair. Soobin running after him as Hee Suk grabs him from behind. Yeonjun extended a hand out, his mind plagued by all sorts of thoughts.

He wanted to scream, but his body remained still as he watched in terror, not daring to picture what was about to happen next.

His body didn't budge as he watched Hee Suk grab Soobin by the neck, placing a knife by his neck, barely a hair strand from killing him right there and then. Yeonjun shifted his gaze to Minhyuk, who helplessly watched from his spot. His hands and feet bound to the chair.

"What are you doing? HELP HIM!" Minhyuk shouted. Yeonjun shook his head, tears brimming as he felt his mind malfunction.

Then a blurred figure came from behind as they placed another knife to Minhyuk's heart.

"One of them must die."

"No―no, no, no―" Yeonjun gasped, falling onto his knees as he backed away.

"Kill the brother first," Hee Suk ordered.

"NO!"

Blood. Everywhere. Flowing from Minhyuk's corpse as Yeonjun felt his whole body shudder at the grotesque sight. Minhyuk's eyes remained open, stabbing right back into Yeonjun's with a look of betrayal.

"Now the boy," Hee Suk smiled, pressing the knife firmer against Soobin's neck as blood began to spring on his skin.

"NO―"

This time, Yeonjun felt his body come alive as he flailed a hand out. Then nothing happened as the darkness swallowed his figure, bringing him into a completely different dimension of consciousness as Yeonjun jolted awake.

Cold sweat trickled down the side of his head. The hairs at the back of his neck standing straight as Yeonjun panted for air, whatever he had seen just now haunting his mind. A loud clap of thunder from behind him awakened him from his trance as Yeonjun only then realised that it was raining.

It's just a dream, he told himself. Just a dream.

But the same, sick feeling remained in his stomach, his heart still racing.

Feeling like it was the only thing he could do at the moment, Yeonjun got out of bed, slowly turning open the door as he walked towards Soobin's room.

He walked in to see the latter sleeping soundly. Guilt clenched his heart. He felt horrible if he'd accidentally wake Soobin up. But it felt he didn't know where else to go, as if being near Soobin was the only thing making him feel safe.

Like a reminder that it was a dream and everything that happened wasn't true.

He didn't know if he could feel the same about Minhyuk.

Yeonjun brushed his thoughts aside as he quietly laid himself on the empty space on Soobin's bed. Instantly, feeling his heart calm down.

"Can't fall asleep?"

Turning around, Soobin's eyes met his. "A nightmare," he replied. "I'm sorry for waking you up like this."

Soobin inched closer towards the latter, wrapping his arms around Yeonjun as he felt his unease melting away, his muscles relaxing under Soobin's warmth. He felt safe. Seconds ticked into minutes as Yeonjun's eyes remained pried open. His body was tired. His mind certainly wasn't.

"Why? Do you still feel bothered by your nightmare earlier?" Soobin whispered, sensing the latter still awake.

Yeonjun hummed in response. "Sleep. Please don't mind me," he replied, slowly getting up with Soobin following after him.

And so, 2 minutes later, they were seated by the living room table, several lights switched on as Soobin walked in from the kitchen, holding two mugs placed on a tray.

"Chamomile tea," he said as Yeonjun reached for his cup. "They were my brother's. I heard they help people who have trouble sleeping."

Nausea coated Yeonjun's throat at the mention of Minhyuk. He couldn't help but feel as if something bad had happened to him. Everything just felt so...vivid.

"What kind of nightmare did you have?" Soobin asked, drinking his own tea.

Setting his cup down, Yeonjun began to tell the latter everything. What he saw, how he had felt from the start to the end. And Soobin listened. Not interrupting while doing so as he held Yeonjun's hand tightly, urging him to go on.

"It just felt so real, Soobin. I was so scared," he breathed.

"You don't have to worry because I'm here. The real me," Soobin replied, embracing his boyfriend into a hug.

"Can you just...send Minhyuk a text?"

He didn't bother to question Yeonjun's request as Soobin turned his phone on, opening the messenger app as he sent his older brother a text. Silence filled the space between them before a notification buzzed.

"See? He's safe," Soobin smiled, holding up his phone for Yeonjun to see their conversation as his shoulders slumped in relief.

"He is safe," he repeated.

Soobin: Hyung, are you asleep? If you're seeing this right now, please reply ><

"Oh, you got a message," the lady's sweet voice spoke, walking slowly towards Minhyuk as she held his phone in front of his face. A couple of muffled noises came from Minhyuk, his voice not heard from the duct tape sealing his mouth shut.

"Can't talk," Jung Mo snorted. The two share a laugh as Da Eun ripped the tape off their hostage's mouth.

"Give my phone back to me," Minhyuk spat, trying to break free from the ropes bounding his hands and feet to the chair he was on.

"Hm, his brother seems worried. I assume we should send him a reply," Da Eun taunted, waving his phone in front of him.

"Don't you dare."

"You talk too much," Jung Mo scoffed, slapping the tape across his mouth again as Minhyuk struggled against his grip.

Da Eun merely hummed along as the sound of her nails clicking against the phone screen echoed across the room. "Done! Brother solved!" She turned around to see Minhyuk's eyes staring right back at hers, boiling with hatred and disgust.

"I think it's time we teach our little catch here some manners, isn't it?"

Carrying Yeonjun bridal-style into his room, Soobin plopped him onto his bed. Perhaps the uncanny power of chamomile tea was more than enough to send the latter dozing off as he laid Yeonjun gently onto his bed.

Yeonjun pulled Soobin in for a kiss as he did so, a smile forming on his face.

"Goodnight, Soobin," he said, half-asleep.

"Goodnight," Soobin replied, feeling his own lips pull into a smile as he settled on the space next to Yeonjun, who seemed to have completely forgotten the horrors of his dream.