19 | ᴀɴ ᴇᴘɪᴘʜᴀɴʏ

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

def. a moment of realisation

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

Science right after lunch was never a great combination, seemingly as if one's momentary bliss gets shoved aside and is then welcomed by an hour of Mr Cha's boring lectures and work. In short, biology sucks whenever and wherever.

Everything their teacher was delivering went through Yeonjun's left ear and went out through his right. Not like he needed to pay attention anyway; living for more than a century does come with its uses, such as remembering an entire year's syllabus front and back.

His mind was drifting off to somewhere else but the science lab, bringing him to a completely different world of his thoughts as Beomgyu's voice echoed in his head: "If you really care about Soobin, then stay away from him."

Yeonjun pushed that small voice away.

Just then, he felt a finger poke at his elbow. Yeonjun turned around to meet Soobin's twinkling eyes. Getting the hint, he looked down to see a note right where his elbow was resting on the table.

Bored? It wrote.

Since when was biology not boring? Yeonjun replied.

Fair enough. I can't understand a thing Mr Cha is saying TvT.

Me neither, but I've probably learned about this chapter 7 times already, so I'm good. I can help you out with this topic later if you want?

Having a vampire as a friend does come with its benefits, huh?

Yeonjun looked up to see Soobin smiling at him. He beamed back.

Would you like me to come over to your place later tonight? Or we could go to a cafe? He scribbled down onto a new post it.

I'm busy tonight.

Busy?

Mhm, I need to do something. Perhaps you can help me out another time.

Soobin gave Yeonjun a side wink before repositioning himself in a manner that implied he was about to listen to Mr Cha's talk. Yeonjun pursed his lips but said nothing, a grin escaping his face before keeping the note in his pocket.

Nightfall arrived. Hues of midnight blue draping over the city's landscape, stars setting the night sky aglow. Yeonjun was in the act of walking from the dining room to his bedroom before hearing a knock coming from the mansion's entrance.

Looking through the peephole, he saw Ji Woo's face staring right back at his. He opened the door, figuring out that she might be here to discuss business matters with his mother.

The strong fruity smell of her perfume instantly wafted over him, her eyes glimmering with intrigue as soon as they were set upon the person who had answered the door.

"Hello, Yeonjun. Is your mother home?" She asked.

Before he received the chance to manage a reply, footfalls thundered from the staircase behind him as his mother came rushing towards them.

"Yeonjun, go back to your bedroom. I have some business matters to discuss with Ms Kim here," his mother ordered sternly, not sparing a glance at her confused son.