26 | sᴛᴀʀʀʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛs

* . °•☆|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

Closing the space between them, Yeonjun leaned in, his lips meeting Soobin's. All his thoughts seemed to have been flushed out of his mind as all Soobin could focus on was the sensation of their lips moving in sync.

His fingers automatically found Yeonjun's as he twined them together, the wind blowing ever so softly as Soobin tilted his head slightly to the left, not wanting to part so soon.

He could feel the weight of the emotions resting on his chest slowly starting to melt away as he gave in to the pleasure of the moment. It felt so wrong, yet so right. Here they were, kissing under the moonlight, pretending as if all of the things that could go wrong because of them being together was nonexistent.

Yeonjun only leaned in closer to deepen the kiss, their lips perfectly moulding into each other's before they pulled away, both panting heavily for breath.

Tiptoeing slightly, he planted a kiss onto Soobin's forehead. "I just can't seem to run away from my emotions anymore," he said softly, cupping Soobin's face as he stared into the latter's eyes. No more running away, Yeonjun told himself, succumbing to the emotions he tried so hard to get rid of.

"Will you still love me?" Yeonjun continued to ask, wearing his heart on his sleeve. "I can't make the promise that I will give you the fantasy of being in love. I'm not human, Soobin. Remember that. I have sides to me not many are willing to accept— because deep down, I'm still a monster not capable of loving," he said softly, unable to hold Soobin's gaze. "But even through all that, will you still want to be with me?"

Soobin hesitated for a moment, sensing the height of the moment and the importance of his answer. Yeonjun wasn't forcing him; he was giving him a choice. A choice Soobin was sure he isn't about to regret making.

"Of course," he breathed, unable to contain his joy much longer as he hugged Yeonjun tightly.

He could feel his own happiness exploding inside of him like a shower of fireworks as Yeonjun felt his lips pulling into a smile. "Let's head back home then," he said, clasping Soobin's hand as he wrapped his finger around his lover's.

Opening the door slowly, the janitor walked into the classroom. His gaze resting on the silhouette of a student sitting on a chair in the middle of the room.

"Hey, are you okay?" The man called out, walking slowly towards the student, the scene in front of him slowly growing clearer— the moonlight illuminating his bloodied face and the ropes that bound him to the chair.

He stopped halfway— the horror of the scene too much for him to bear. There was blood smeared across the floor, chairs and tables toppled over. It was a mess.

What happened here? His eyes flicked over to the student, who extended a hand out towards the janitor, fighting against the will to collapse any moment now.

"Please—" the boy rasped, mustering the strength he had left. "Help me," he whispered before his head dropped onto the side of his shoulder.

"H-HEY!" The Janitor called out, rushing to his side at once as he shook Jae Yi's stiff body. "Hello? Can you hear me?" He nudged harder, but no signs of response came. Reaching for his phone, he dialled for the ambulance with the need for help—

But what he didn't know was that an extra pair of eyes were watching the two from afar. A pair of eyes that has witnessed everything.

From the roof of a building nearby, Hee Suk stood there, his disappointment swallowing him whole.

I knew I couldn't trust a high school student, he sighed, in the act of turning away before seeing a woman standing several feet away from him. He stopped in his tracks.

"Hello," she said calmly, walking towards the man. "I believe we have met before, haven't we?"

"We have once or twice, Ji Woo," Hee Suk greeted. "To what do I owe the pleasure for your sudden visit?"

"I know what you're after. The Blood of Rebirth, am I wrong?"

"I see that we share similar interests," replied Hee Suk, feeling a new sense of intrigue.

"I know who possesses it," continued Ji Woo, catching the gleam in the latter's eyes. "I just need your help."

"My help?" Hee Suk repeated. "What about Aeri?"

"I left her," Ji Woo replied flatly.

"Cold," he noted, but not bothering to suppress a grin.

"That's what a vampire is, unfortunately," Ji Woo sighed.

"Well, as long as you're willing to help me, then I shall welcome you with open hands," Hee Suk smirked. "Welcome on board."

"And so the work starts now," Ji Woo spoke, delighted as she returned the smile.

His heart hasn't spared a moment to calm down ever since they left campus. Exhilaration and ecstasy making his body feel light as Soobin could feel his cheeks start to hurt slightly from smiling— perhaps he was a little too happy.

He looked over to see Yeonjun, who was looking just as flustered and happy at the same time. Seeing his boyfriend in such a state was a rare occurrence. Soobin could only feel his smile grow wider.

They soon arrived at a familiar scene in front of his apartment. Soobin felt the spark inside of him flick a little— he didn't want the night to end this soon. Arriving at his doorstep, Soobin released his hand from Yeonjun's grip, their fingers parting from each other.

"Good night," Yeonjun smiled, about to walk away.

"Wait," Soobin interrupted. Stepping down, he gave the latter a light kiss on the cheek. Yeonjun froze for a few moments as he felt his heart skipped a beat. Soobin beamed at him. "Bye-bye!" He waved before disappearing behind the door, leaving Yeonjun and his heart palpitations outside.

A smile spread across his face as Yeonjun touched the side of his cheek gently, feeling as if the night couldn't have gone any better. He wished to be sealed in this moment, never waking up from this sweet memory. Ever.