chapter 3

Alena was shot.

At least it felt like she just got shot. Right in her stomach, and then it spread, to her legs, arms, neck, and head, it was everywhere. It was as if she was physically changing, like her body was disoriented.

She was breathing heavy, she couldn't believe even after all the beatings she was still alive.

Just let me died already. She thought, she couldn't handle the pain. But something shocking happened after.

The pain went on for about 5 mins until it slowly died down. As if she went back to normal, what a great way to start her birthday off. She checked the clock, 12:05. Slowly getting up using her side table so she won't fall back down, with unsteady balance as she got up. Even if she didn't feel the pain anymore she was still weak, she heard tapping on her window, an owl, a big one almost scary looking. She was confused, owls mailing now, were they birthday cards?

She felt weird walking as if she was in a new body. She took the letter and told the bird she didn't have anything to give back and apologized. The bird simply flew away...Okay.

She went back to the bed to sit on, wincing each time she took a step and opened her letter. It was from Gringotts at 12 in the morning?

Dear Ms. Alena Liliana Potter

According to the records I have, you seem to have gone through an early creature inheritance, which is rather rare to happen this early in life, usually, it happens when a witch or wizard is of age. Your family does have creature blood as the Peverell line had married into your family when looking at the record. We request you to come to Gringotts immediately.

This letter is a port-key, say 'GOLDEN' and will be sent to the lobby of Gringotts.

We at Gringotts wish you a Happy Birthday!

Potter Account Manager

Griphook

Alena was shocked, a creature inheritance! 'WHAT' she thought. Gringotts would have the answers to her many questions that have just filled her head. She said the password, and seconds later she stood in the lobby of Gringotts, the minute she did all the goblins turn to her only to look at her in shock and concern? Oh, right the blood.

"Ms. Potter" Alena turned towards the voice.

"yes"

"come with me please" and Griphook took her to the back and down the many hallways with many doors, of family names, she walked for while, she saw the names went on and became more familiar, further down, more pureblood family names appeared. Where she guessed, the further down they go the richer they are, the doors also changed colour. They finally stopped, at a door. With a golden sign that spells POTTER. Haha she was neighbours with Malfoy and Black. They entered, the room was beautiful. Griphook gestured to the chair to sit.

"Well, it's finally great to meet you, we have sent many letters Ms. Potter, yet we have never got a reply"

"I am sorry I never got any letters from Gringotts" said a now confused Alena.

"What, so you're saying you never got the letter we have giving you since you were born, or even after you started Hogwarts?" asked Griphook frowning his eyebrows.

"Um yes, I never received any letters" nervously fiddling with her fingers, now Griphook was mad.

"Did your magical guardian not tell you anything or give them to you?"

"whats a magical guardian" asked Alena completely confusing.

Why is that, she wondered.