Chapter 12

Shrithik slowly dragged his feet out of his room at the the sound of the front door opening and closing.
Sameera was back. He wanted to ask something to her but decided to make it wait.

She smiled looking at him and he returned it warmly. Without saying anything they both made their way into their respective rooms.

After about half n'hour later Sameera was sitting on the sofa watching TV while Shrithik was still in shower. One thing Sameera got to know was tha Shrithik liked bathing. He showered for a long time.

Shrithik came out of his room rolling up his sleeves .His hairs were still damp and he was wearing a black shirt.

Looking at Sameera he smiled. She was not looking at him though.

"Sweetheart?"

She turned around. She couldn't help but give him a once over. After clearing her throat she replied

"Yes?"

"I'm.....I am not a burden on you, right?"
He asked with a blank expression. Today he, unfortunately came across an old age home. A couple was there talking to their mother. And telling her she was a burden on them.

Shrithik was an insecure person in cases of people. Kind of like, trust issues. He was very different from many people, speaking his mind, rude and what not. During his visible years also he didn't let anyone in.  And not many people liked him.

Here, only two people know of his existence. He cannot help but feel that he is like a burden to Sameera. Shrey already cleared this for Shrithik. But Sameera is new. So today, he wants to clear it.

He doesn't want to trouble anyone.

Sameera's grip on the TV remote tightened. Shrithik is iriking her with his insecurity.
A day after that rent day, Shrithik gave her house a total makeover when she was out. Saying that he needs to do something. It was very hard to get the broom out of his hand.
A day after that he had made many dishes, in the name of doing something. For the past week he's been asking these kind of questions. Sameera could understand that what he was feeling was totally normal because she feels it too.
But she has told him many times that he is not a burden on her. Then why can't he understand?

She strolled towards him with an angry face.

"You want to go? Then go. I don't care. I'm tired of telling you that you are my friend. I like your presence. You are not a burden on me. What is so hard to understand in that, huh? What's so hard?"

She went inside his room and threw his bag at him. He was able to dodge it on time. Otherwise his nose would have definitely been broken.
Sameera was already a little angry because some freshmen of her college were trying to be oversmart by asking dumb questions.
And now Shrithik has finally pushed her last button.

"Sweetheart-"
He started to refuse but was cut off by her.

"No. Don't talk to me. Go. You wanted to go right? Then why are you standing here. Asking dumb questions daily."

She took in a deep breath. Shrithik looked down feeling a little guilty. She was trying to not let her anger take control of her. Because everybody has a very bad mouth when angry and then they say things that are not meant to be said.
And as Shrithik's thinking was way too similar to Sameera, he knew that she didn't like saying things which were not meant and could hurt somebody.