Chapter 18

August was a busy month, for both Sameera and Shrithik. Because college exams were nearing. Sameera was busy studying and Shrithik was busy making the dozen of assignment of the students and teaching Sameera.
From the day exam announcement was done they didn't have time to goof around like they did.

It was the day before Sameera's last exam when Shrithik came inside her room with a big goofy grin. Sameera looked up and raised her eyebrows.

"What do you want?"

His grin got bigger.

"Maagie. Four small packets if you want to eat otherwise two."

"And why are you telling this to me. Aren't you supposed to make it."

He nodded and handed her twenty rupees.

"Yeah. I will. But go bring 'em."

"What?"

"Go bring four packets of Maggie. Small ones okay?"

Saying this he took her hand and pulled her up causing her to stand. And then pushed her out of the door. Sameera sighed and made her way to the shop outside her apartment building.

Shrithik was vibing to a song when Sameera came and handed him four packets of Maggie. Shrithik grinned and patted her head like puppy.
And Sameera swatted his arm away.

He was cooking it when Sameera came with her book and sat on the counter. She was looking exhausted.

"I really hate poems, old man. I hate literature. Correct me if I am wrong."

Saying this she kept her book aside and started reciting.

"Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door-
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door-
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this agony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling-"

"It's ebony, sweetheart."

"Oh yeah. It's really annoying you know. What's even the need for literature for a Chemistry major? I know how to speak and that's enough. If I could I will rea-"

Sameera was cut off by Shrithik keeping a spoonful of Maggie in her mouth after blowing the steam off. He held her jaw and shook her face.

"You are tired. Go get some sleep. Don't stress yourself."

Sameera once again started saying.
"No. It's nothing like that. I'm perfe-"
Once again she was cut off by a spoonful of Maggie.

Shrithik knew that she will never admit that she is tired. And Sameera knew that Shrithik was not gonna listen to her and will force her to get some sleep.

"So are you gonna feed me or what?"

As soon as she finished her sentence a bowl full of Maggie was set in front of her. Shrithik took a bit and gestured her to eat.