Epilogue

"Sweetheart! I'm back!"

Shrithik shouted as soon as he entered the house. Sameera who was studying smiled and got up to welcome him.

But when she saw his face she kept her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes.

"Again? Are you serious? You are a doctor Shri! At one of the most respected hospitals. And that also a surgeon. A heart surgeon. And you come home daily after fighting with someone."
She scolded him, helping him remove his coat.

He sat down and on the sofa and she pulled his tshirt off of him.

"What can I do sweetheart. I saw this man who was beating his wife in the market and everyone was watching. I couldn't control and beat him properly."

He proudly said and Sameera smiled at his face. Kissing his nose she went inside her room to bring the medical box to clean his wounds.

After Shrithik and Sameera were once again together they went to meet Maadhavi mam. And there, as a compensation she gave Shrithik his degree. It was a universal truth that he was a better doctor than most in the world and that he knew more than enough to perform any kind of surgery.

So now he worked in one of the most successful hospitals of that city. And got paid more than 5 lakhs a month.

"But still. It has become your daily routine to come home all bruised. God knows what your colleagues might think of you."

She said opening the box and taking out Dettol to clean his wounds.

"Who cares what they think. And do you know what happened today? I got this such complicated case. I thought I'll barely be able to save that guy. But..............."

He continued telling his story and she listened to him attentively and giving him cute replies in between.

An hour or later, they both were in the bed ready to sleep.

"Sweetheart?"

"Hmm?"

"You still haven't told your parents about me. Have you?"
He asked and she buried her face in his hand.

"No. I haven't. I'm scared Shri. What if they refuse? What if-?"

"Stop the what ifs sweetheart. They'll gladly marry you to me."

"But I'm turning 22 tomorrow. I haven't even graduated yet. I don't have a job of my own. There's a small.......very small chance that they'll agree. I'm still too young to marry."
She sighed and he kissed her forehead.

"Shut up you idiot. You know when parents of a girl want to marry her to someone what they see in the guy? First his family background. That I don't have one. Second his income. That I have enough to give you a luxurious life. And third character. And you know I'm a very nice man."

He grinned and she chuckled.

"Dork."

She said and propping herself up on her elbows she kissed his nose.

"Good night."

______________________________