Chapter 57

Sameera knocked on the door of the house and an elderly looking lady opened it.

"Yes?"

"Uh......Mrs. Mamta?"
Sameera asked and the lady nodded. Sameera looked at Shrithik to find him in a guarded posture. Hands folded and brows furrowed.

"And you are?"

"Mam, I'm Sameera Sharma. I was here with a letter of your name."

"Letter? And are you a post person?"

"No mam. Actually I study in Hyderabad and my chemistry professor gave this letter to me in hopes that I would give it to you. Can I come in?"

Sameera asked smiling and the old lady nodded. Opening the door wider she let her in and made her sit on a sofa.

"Would you like something? Tea, coffee?"

"Water will be fine mam."

The lady nodded and brought a glass of water for her. Sameera wet her throat and the old lady asked

"Which professor were you talking about dear and which letter? As per my knowledge, none of my known people live in Hyderabad."

Sameera nodded and handed the letter to the lady.

"Your brother mam. Shrithik Chauhan."

The lady's eyes widened and she snatched the paper away from Sameera. Quickly unfolding it she read it and her eyes got filled with tears.

Sameera looked at Shrithik to find him with the expression as if he was not shit scared twenty minutes ago.

"He's......he's alive?"
She asked and Sameera nodded.

"I thought he was dead. Why didn't he come before?! Why is he contacting me now?! Do you even have any idea that how much I missed him, how much I miss him till this day?"
The lady yelled and Sameera shook her head sadly.

"I'm really sorry mam, but he was in a compromising situation. He wanted to meet you himself but he was afraid that you'll hate him."

The lady sniffed and then softly spoke
"How can I hate him? He's my brother. I'm just angry at him. He could have contacted me before. Please dear, tell him to meet me. Don't bother to do that, tell me where he will be now. I'll go and meet him myself."

Sameera smiled sadly and answered
"I'm sorry mam, but I can't tell you that. But I'll tell him that you missed him."

"Please beta. It-"

"Mam I'm really sorry but I can't. I hope that you understand."

"Okay. But please tell him that I can never hate him. He was my only one till he was there. I'll never hate him."

The lady said and Sameera, unexpectedly hugged her. Feeling the warmth of her body, the lady broke down and cried a little more.

"I should take my leave mam. He will be happy to know that you don't hate him."

The lady smiled at her and escorted her to the door.