Chapter 43

"Why is he here?"

Shrithik asked as soon as Sameera entered the room and she got starteled.

"Woah. You scared me old man. Stop doing sudden things."

"Yeah. Yeah. But why is he here? Isn't it rude to just barge in someone's house?"
He asked sitting down on the bed and wearing a t-shirt he took out. Sameera was clueless as to when in the night he took it off.

"He didn't barge old man. He just saw me sleeping on the terrace and thought to just check. It's really nice of him."
She said and then quickly started brushing her teeth.

"It's really nice of him."
He mocked and left the room. She rolled her eyes and quickly finished brushing her teeth and then made her way downstairs.

Shrithik was nowhere to be seen and Jay was looking around the house.

"It's nice, isn't it?"
Sameera asked and he jumped a foot, starteled.

"Oh god! You scared the life out of me."
He said and she chuckled.

"Sorry. Oh! I'm really sorry I couldn't attend the wedding. You know I was so wasted that I slept for 17 hours. And after that also I was like really tired and slept at 9:00 pm. So yeah...."
She trailed off when she saw Jay's expression like he didn't understand a word she said.

"That's okay. Maaya already told me that you were with your friend. Um.....is he here? I'd like to meet him."
He said and she cleared her throat when she saw Shrithik coming out of the kitchen.

"Uh... actually.......he is a doctor you know. So he had to leave early today because of an emergency. Yes. If you want I can give you his ph-"
As soon as she started saying this Shrithik dropped a steel glass glaring at her.

Jay whipped his head around fast and before he could even say anything she ran towards the glass and picked it up.

"Wind. It was wind. You know. Ah! and we're probably leaving today, right? Do you know the time of our flight. Shivam said that he had booked one but didn't tell me anything."
She quickly spoke wishing that this conversation with Jay will be over as soon as possible.

Jay looked down and spoke. Not really getting why the hell she was acting so weird. He could not say strange because he doesn't know her well. But how she was acting in the current situation was definitely weird.

"Uh...yeah. It's at 11 o'clock. Three hours from now."

"That's really sweet of you Jay. I'll meet you at the airport then. Tell my friends to not worry about me. I have my luggage with me and as you've seen I'm totally fine. Bye."
She quickly rambeled and made her way to the front door and opened it for him to leave.

Jay looked at her strangely. Was she telling him to......leave? Well, something was definitely fishy and Sameera seemed to know it that he knew it. It was definitely weird that she was with a guy in a house which was in front of his house and that guy is a doctor whose face nobody in area has seen.

Wasn't it fishy? Of course it was.

"Then that's a goodbye then?"
He said more like a question and stopped in front of her.