Going Turbo

3rd P.O.V:
No more school for me!!!!
NO MORE SCHOOL FOR MEEEE🤪🤪🤓😎
_____________

"I've never been more serious about anything in my life...."

Ralph leans against the counter of the bar, a troubled look on his face. "That's why I came straight here, Tapper. You never give me a bum steer. Now, come on, where can a guy like me go and get a medal?"

Tapper sighs, drying a glass as he speaks. "I don't think such a game exists, Ralph."

Ralph frowns. "Oh, come on. You know people, there's gotta be—"

"Eh, Tapper! I need a root beer!"

"Coming! Hold that thought." Tapper says before moving across the bar.

. . . . .

In the real world, Tapper's game screen is playing. Its theme song playing across the arcade as Tapper moves up and down in the bar, giving customers their drinks.

. . . . .

Tapper comes up to Ralph again, patting his hands. "Okay, as you were saying?"

"I was saying, I can't spend another thirty years living alone in the garbage. I'm not going back without a medal." Ralph comes his hands through his hair in frustration as he looks at the bar keeper.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe someone left a medal here." Tapper suggested, grabbing a rag to wipe the counter. "You're welcome to dig through the lost and found."

. . . . .

"Okay, let's see what we got here ." Ralph observed.

He digs through the lost and found, the closet not giving much room as he moves stuff around. He stops when a cockroach crawls on his hand before sweeping it off. "Shoo! Shoo! Go on, get out of here."

He continues to prod around, nudging stuff out of the way, finding random junk.

He pulls out a mushroom from Mario's game, looking at it before putting it back in the box. "Mushroom? No."

"What is this?" He looks at the exclamation mark weirdly, tossing it in the hallway. "No."

He soon finds a pair of underwear, making him gag. "Oh, come on, Zangief. Gross."

He throws the underwear in the box, wiping his shirt in disgust before sitting back in defeat, sighing sadly. "Oh, what am I doing?"

He grunts when someone pushes him, looking behind him, he sees someone mumble as they walk forward. "Hey, Excuse you!"

The armored man doesn't reply, seeming to have not heard him as he lagged against the wall, muttering. "We are humanities last hope. Our mission? Destroy all Cy-bugs."

He repeats himself as Ralph looks at him strangely, standing up he walked toward him and taps his shoulder. "Uh... you okay there, space cadet?"

Ralph jumps when the soldier rounds on him, gripping the straps of his overalls tightly and shouting. "We've only been plugged in a week! And every day it's 'Climb the building, then fight bugs. Climb the building, fight more bugs'!"

He sobs as Ralph pushes him off, patting his overalls. "Yeah, yeah. Right. Look, easy on the overalls space man. It's tough all over, alright?"

He turns to walk away from the paranoid soldier, he's almost at the end of the hall when the soldier speaks.

"And all for what? A lousy medal?"

Ralph freezes. "Medal?" He turns around swiftly, facing the soldier. "You win a medal?"