𝟏𝟓.

MY FINGER BRUSHES against the petal of a rose as I walk past it with Caius, my other hand in his freezing one.

We walk over towards the fountain and sit on the stone bench. As we sit down, I turn to look at Caius who has his hood up, casting a shadow over his face.

I raise an eyebrow, "Do vampires really burn in the sun?"

He chuckles and shakes his head, "Not exactly."

"What happens then?" I ask, curious.

Caius sighs and drops his hood. It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust, but when they do, I gasp.

His pale skin is glowing, literally. It seems like thousands of little diamonds were intricately placed on his skin. Its beautiful.

He watched me warily, almost like hes nervous at how I will react.

I slowly lift my hand up, untwining our connected fingers, and drag my finger along his defined cheekbone. His skin still glows around my finger.

"I wasn't expecting that." I chuckle, looking deeply into his crimson eyes.

"What were you expecting?" Caius asks.

I shrug, "Maybe you'd burst into flames, I don't know."

He rolls his eyes, "Did you get that from the movies?" He questions.

"Maybe." That, and The Vampire Diaries, from when I binged the show.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "I'm going to miss you, il mia amore."

I frown at the reminder that I'm leaving tomorrow.

"You guys'll visit, right?" I look up at him, noticing his hood is back up.

He nods quickly, "Of course. Oh and, before I forget..." he pulls something out of his pocket and places it in my hand, "we found this the night you arrived."

I look down at my hand to see my phone, I'd nearly forgotten about it.

"We've added all of our numbers to it, which was extremely confusing, by the way." He says.

I giggle and turn my phone on, I have a few missed calls and messages from my friends.

I place it in the pocket of my dress.

"Thanks." I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

I place my phone down and intertwine our fingers once more.

"Do you plan on returning here after you leave?" He asks hopefully, continuing our conversation.

I nod without even thinking about it, "Yeah, it'll probably have to be after graduation, though."

"And how far away is that?" He asks bitterly.

"About four months." I answer.

"That is too long." He grumbles.

I shrug, "But you guys will be visiting, it won't seem like so long then."

"I suppose." He sighs.

I slowly come to the realization that I don't have my passport, plane ticket, or luggage. I sigh and lift my head up.

"What is wrong?" Caius asks, rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"I don't have my passport or anything." I grumble, tossing my head back in annoyance.