𝟏𝟔.

I AM JOLTED awake by a cold hand lightly shaking my body

I AM JOLTED awake by a cold hand lightly shaking my body. My eyes flutter open, not being able to make out the figure standing above me.

"Good morning, cara." Its Marcus.

I quickly flip my body over and pull the duvet over my head, letting out a tired, mumbled version of, "Let me sleep."

"You have a plane to catch, Tesora." He pulls the duvet back and runs a cold hand through my hair.

I let out a long sigh and roll over to my back, "What time is it?" I squint my eyes at the tall window, the sky is a dark shade of blue.

"5:30 am." He answers.

I groan and slowly sit up, my heavy eyelids struggle to stay open, but I fight against them. "It's too early."

"Well, you could always just stay here and go back to sleep." Marcus suggest jokingly.

"Tempting." I mumble before carefully crawling out of bed. The coolness of the floor slightly wakes me up more.

I grab the pile of clothes that was left next to my bed and step into the bathroom, flicking the light on—wincing at the brightness of the fluorescent white— my eyes finally adjust and I quickly dress into a pair of baggy gray sweats and a black sweatshirt.

"I should tell you," Marcus says from the other side of the door, "you'll be taking one of our private planes home."

I nearly choke on the toothpaste in my mouth, "I don't need a private plane." I say through the foam in my mouth.

"It is also for the guards, being in a plane full of humans could be tempting." He says, "though, it is for you as well."

I rinse my mouth out with water and spit into the sink before unlocking the door and opening it. Marcus sits on my bed, with my suitcase and passport on the floor next to him.

"I don't want to leave." I frown, slipping my shoes on.

In only a week, I've grown so close to the three of them, its weird, but I don't mind it.

"You'll be seeing us before you know it, amore." Marcus stands up and grabs the handle of the suitcase.

"Do you know when you'll be visiting?" I ask, walking out into the chilly hall.

Marcus shakes his head, "Due to our busy schedules, it's hard to say."

Before I can speak, I am being spun around and pulled into a tight hug.