𝟐𝟒.

ISADORA TOSSES THE last item of clothing into the large suitcase that is open on her bed

ISADORA TOSSES THE last item of clothing into the large suitcase that is open on her bed. She closes it and quickly zips it up.

A frown pulls down at her plump lips. She's of course excited to be going to Italy, but that also means leaving her siblings and hometown. Meredith and Kolton both said they will visit, but even then, Isadora doesn't know when that will be.

Aro, Caius and Marcus obviously see the look of sorrow embedded on Isadora's face, and give each other a look.

Aro is the one to speak, "Would you like your graduation gift?"

Isadora turns her head to look at him, her expression softens, "You got me a gift?"

"Of course," Aro answers while pulling something out of the pocket of his suit jacket, its neatly wrapped in a velvety material.

He gently places it in Isadoras open palm.

She looks down at it and slowly unravels it from the smooth piece of fabric.

She lifts the chain up so it dangles from her hand in front of her. She smiles at the pendant that dangles before her.

She holds the necklace in her hand and studies it with a smile.

Its a Volturi crest with each of the Kings stones and now hers added, its more feminine than theirs, in a not too obvious way.

She uses her free hand to pull off the necklace that already adorns her neck, she almost doesn't want to take it off—she enjoys having a piece of Caius with her wherever she goes, but now she'll have a piece of all of them with her, and that thought makes her lift the current necklace over her head.

She spins around and hands the necklace that used to be hang on her neck, back to Caius, smiling at him.

She slips the new one over her head—noticing it weighs much less than the other one.

She looks in her mirror and smiles at herself. The pendant dangles an inch or two under her chest.

"Thank you." She says, turning away from the mirror, smiling at the three of them.

Before they can say anything to her thanks, her bedroom door cracks open and Felixs face can be seen through the small opening.

"Masters, everything is ready to go." He says formally.

Isadora sighs and grabs her purse and suitcase.

She struggles to pull the suitcase off of her bed—its heavily weighed down by nearly every item of clothing she owned.

Caius airily sighs and grabs the suitcase from her, she smiles at him before walking out of her bedroom.

Excitement and dread bubbles inside of her. Excitement because of the obvious reasons — dread, for leaving her siblings and last piece of her parents she has. It seems to grow more and more the closer to leaving they approach.

As they turn the corner into the kitchen, Isadora is pulled into a tight hug by Meredith.

Isadora gasps in surprise before hugging her older sister back.

"I will be visiting very soon, so look forward to that." Meredith mumbles into Isadora's shoulder.

"I better start preparing, then." Isadora jokes, chuckling as she pulls away from Merediths grip.

Meredith smiles a sad smile at her, trying to keep tears from escaping her chestnut eyes.

Isadora sighs and grabs Kolton, who stands right next to Meredith.

Their embrace isn't as emotional—but Isadora still feels the pressure behind her eyes.

"Bye, Kolt." She whispers, stepping back to ruffle his blonde hair.

He narrows his eyes into slits and fixes his hair, "Bye, Dora." With that, he exits the kitchen into the living room.

Isadora spares one last glance in Merediths direction, as she steps back towards her awaiting soulmates and guard.

She can hear Meredith sniffle before they walk outside.

She frowns and shoves her cold hands into the pocket of her hoodie. The night air is cold and bites at her face.

Everyone crams into the car, Isadora is given the front seat this time.

She watches the house slowly grow smaller, feeling a strange pressure push down on her chest.

The trees and town pass by at a fast speed. It isn't long before slow to a stop next to a large plane at a private airstrip.

Isadora follows behind Caius onto the large private jet.

Her excitement seems to grow more and more noticeable by the minute.

Felix and Demetri take two of the empty beige seats, sitting still like statues.

Isadora sits by the window, staring off into the night sky as Caius sits  next to her, Aro and Marcus across from them.

Isadora picks at the hem of her shirt subconsciously, already missing her sister and brother.

Caius notices the wrinkle in between her eyebrows, and the frown pulling at her lips. "Are you alright, Isadora?" He asks warily, knowing how upset she already is.

She sighs and answers, not looking away from the window, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just miss my siblings is all." She shrugs.

"You'll be seeing your siblings soon," Aro says.

She looks away from the window and sends him a soft smile, "I know."

—V—

ISADORA FELL ASLEEP during the long flight, and no one wanted to wake her.

Thats why, as they drive through the hilly country side, Isadora rests her head on Marcus's shoulder, soft snores leaving her parted lips.

The dark tint on the windows of the large car helps her stay in a light slumber.

But, as they're in the garage, she is shaken awake.

She blinks a few times and sits up, stretching her cramped arms out above her head.

Her joins cracks and she yawns.

"Are we here?" She asks no one in particular, her eyes are half open.

Marcus chuckles, "We are."

Her eyes widen and she throws the door open, scrambling to climb out.

She winces and blinks a few times, trying to adjust to the bright, white lights that hang above her in the car filled garage.

Once the buring in her eyes fades away, she sighs and smiles, happy to finally be in Volterra.