𝟏𝟖.

ARO FURROWS HIS dark eyebrows at the message that has popped up on his phone

"What is it, Aro?" Caius asks, confused at his brothers new expression.

Aro glances over the message once more, its from Isadora.

Did you guys send anymore guards? Demetri said you didn't.

The message was sent hours ago, Aro was still in trials when it was sent.

He holds his phone up to his blonde brother. Caius quickly reads the text and gives Aro a confused look.

"Why is she asking that?" Hes bewildered.

Aro shrugs before quickly going to Isadoras contact and pressing the call button (the device is still very hard to use) he puts the phone on speaker.

While waiting for his soulmate to answer, he orders a guard to get Marcus.

Isadora picks up after a few rings, "Hello?" She sounds half asleep. Aro had forgotten it is late in New York.

"You woke her up." Caius glares at his brother.

Isadora chuckles tiredly, "It's fine. What's up?"

Marcus now enters the throne room, book in hand.

"Why did you ask if we've sent more guards?" Aro asks worriedly.

"Oh, yeah, um...I kinda felt like I was being watched last night, but I don't know." She feels slightly embarrassed for worrying him.

The three kings snap their heads in the direction of the device.

Aro clears his throat, "Are you sure it just wasn't one of your guards?"

"It wasn't. Jane and Demetri were with my siblings, Alec and Felix were hunting." She answers.

Each brother can feel their hearts drop to their expensive shoes.

Is she in danger?

Is someone trying to get her?

Caius grabs Aros hand, allowing Aro to see his thoughts.

"We have to go. Someone can take over for us. She could be in danger!" He thinks, even his mind sounds angry.

Aro looks at Caius and nods.