𝟐𝟖.

ISADORA MISSES CAIUS lying next to her when she wakes up

ISADORA MISSES CAIUS lying next to her when she wakes up. During her slumber, she grew comfortable with feeling like she was sleeping next to a statue.

She untangles the sheet that wraps around her body and sits up, shutting her eyes with a sharp sigh at the bright golden light shinning into her bedroom from the large window.

"Humans." A soft voice scoffs from the other side of the room.

Isadora gasps and her eyes snap open, they dart to where the voice emitted from, only to land on Felix. He sits on one of the chairs by a bookshelf, an old book in hand.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" She exclaims, placing a hand on her fast beating heart.

His deep laugh fills the room, "Sorry about that."

Isadora rolls her eyes, "I'm sure you are."

Felix laughs again and walks over to the bed, sitting next to Isadora, "What do you want to do? I'm bored."

"What is there to do?" Isadora asks, raising an eyebrow up at the mountain of a man.

"We could... go to the library?" Felix suggests, sounding more than bored at the idea.

Isadora shakes her head, "I don't feel like reading all day," she sighs and slides off of the bed, heading for the bathroom, "what else is there to do?"

She begins brushing her teeth while waiting for him to answer, she stands in the doorway with her toothbrush in her mouth, watching him.

Felix chokes back a laugh at the white toothpaste that foams around her mouth, her messy hair only adds to her look. He clears his throat and tries not to smile.

"We could see the dungeons." He says sarcastically, though Isadora doesn't seem to catch on, because her face lights up with excitement.

"Really?" She asks through the toothpaste.

Felix snickers and shakes his head, "No. The kings would have my head if I took you down there."

Isadora frowns and turns back to the sink, rinsing her mouth out.

"Let's just go to the gardens." She says, ripping a hairbrush through her tangled hair.

Felix looks at the window, grimacing at the yellow light that floods inside.

"But it's so sunny." Felix points out, gesturing with his pale, olive hand to the window.