𝟑𝟕.

THE NEXT COUPLE of days are filled with more X-rays, tests, and physical therapy to help Isadora with the pain she feels every time she tried to walk or even sit up in bed

The large gauze is now off of her neck, leaving her stitched up cut on display. They removed the IVs that were sticking out of her arm only two days ago and laid back on the pain medication they administer into her.

She's reading a book as her doctor walks in, smiling brightly at her. She places her book down and smiles back.

"I have great news, Isadora. You seem to be doing well, so well in fact that you'll be able to go home early." He tells, smiling even wider than before. "We were going to keep you here for another few days, but you're healing exceptionally well."

Isadora sighs in relief. Being in the hospital is both annoying and draining. Having people barge into her hospital room at three in the morning is more annoying than anything. The tests and her pushing her body to go back to normal is very draining. So, to hear that she will be able to leave soon is great news.

"You'll need to come back to the hospital a few times a month for physical therapy and checkups, though. I'll prescribe you some low dose pain medication. You should ice your back for at least an hour everyday for a few weeks," he informs before pulling a piece of paper from his clipboard and placing it on the table next to her, "I wrote down everything I just told you, in case you forget."

Isadora picks up the paper and nods, "So, when am I leaving?"

"Hopefully in a few hours. I'll have your sister sign the release form." He says, saying a small goodbye and leaving the room, closing the door behind himself.

Isadora smiles, "Finally," she breathes, "this place is depressing."

"Is it really that terrible?" Marcus asks from the chair next to her bed.

"Yes." She nods stiffly, "And it smells bad, too clean."

"Too clean?" Caius echos, "how can something be 'too clean'?" He asks.

"Must I explain everything to you?" She asks sarcastically, he rolls his eyes. "I just don't like the disinfectant smell," she crinkles her nose, "it's gross."

"You're odd." He mumbles.

Isadora sends him a facetious look, "Shut it, Cinderella."

Before Caius can say anything back, the sound of heels clicking against the floor draws closer and closer until Meredith is standing in the doorway with a large smile plastered on her face.