𝟑𝟎.

ISADORA LETS THE sun soak into her ivory skin

ISADORA LETS THE sun soak into her ivory skin. Her golden hair blows behind her as she walks hand in hand with Marcus.

Its a gorgeous day — the wind blows through the flowers, giving the air a floral scent. Butterflies land on flowers and birds chirp in the nearby trees. The fountain can be heard flowing calmly. In a way, it reminded Isadora of the meadow back in New York, the thought brings a smile to her face.

As Isadora takes in the outdoors, Aro and Caius share nervous glances at each other. Marcus gives them an amused smile, feeling a tad bit happy that he won't have to do what his brothers are about to do.

They invited her outside for a reason, they want to tell her about the wives. They feel bad for not informing her sooner, but they didn't want to tell her in the beginning, in case it scared her away.

They reach the stone fountain, Isadora sits down on the bench, Marcus next to her.

Aro and Caius share one last look before stepping in front of Isadora, blocking her view of the large fountain.

Her blonde eyebrows push together and she sends the two brothers a confused look. "Uh.... Are you two okay?"

Its obvious that they are nervous, Isadora doesn't know why they're so nervous, but she finds it amusing, she's never seen them like this before.

She looks at Marcus, who looks as relaxed as ever.

"We have something to tell you, something we should have informed you of a while ago." Aro says, grabbing Isadora's attention again.

She nods her head, silently telling him to continue.

"Do remember, we are thousands of years old." Caius quickly adds before Aro can speak.

Aro nods, takes a deep, yet unnecessary, breath and speaks, "Before you arrived, we were married. Once you left to go back home, we sent them on their way."

Isadora slowly blinks, her eyes on Aro and her expression emotionless. They cannot tell if she is upset or not.

"I'm not upset," she says after seeing Aro furrow his eyebrows and open his mouth like hes preparing a speech.

She has no clue why they thought she would be upset with them. She knows how long they've been around, and isn't surprised that they were married.

She smiles up at them, "You really thought I would be upset? It's not surprising you were married, you're ancient." She jokes.

She isn't upset, though, she hopes they didn't just kick the wives out. She would feel horrible if they did.

Her smile fades, turning upside down into the smallest frown, "Where are they?"

Aro and Caius share a look, not seeming to understand her question.

"Did you kick them out? That's a little mean if you did." She asks, voicing her thoughts.

"We gave them a large amount of money, it's enough that they could buy a few homes to live in... though it seems they haven't used the money for anything, yet. We assume they're traveling." Caius answers confidently.

Isadora breathes, feeling better.

But, shes suddenly aware of Marcus sitting next to her, realizing that he isn't standing with his brothers, he hasn't said a word about his wife.

She turns to him and, by the look on her face, he can tell she is curious.

He smiles at her and stands up, holding his hand out to Aro.

Aro skims through his thoughts, dropping Marcus's hand once picking up on what he is saying.

"Are you sure, Marcus?" Aro whispers so low, not even Caius can hear it.

Marcus nods and gives his brother a reassuring smile before turning towards Isadora, his hand now held out towards her.

"Let's take a walk." He says, his voice soft.

Isadora nods and places her warm hand in his cold one, smiling as he pulls her up from the bench.

He looks at Aro once more, leading Isadora down a path through the garden.

"Where is he taking her?" Caius asks, his eyes locked on Isadora.

"He's going to tell her about Didyme." Aro breathes.

—V—

HAND IN HAND, Isadora and Marcus wander down the path, gravel crunching under Isadoras feet.

"I can see that you're curious." He states.

Isadora chuckles, "Is it that obvious?" She pauses and sighs, "You don't have to tell me.... I don't want you to feel like you have to."

Marcus squeezes her hand a of couple times, "I want to tell you."

She nods, "Okay."

Marcus takes a deep breath, "Her name was Didyme, she was Aros sister,"

Isadoras eyes widen, a sudden sadness pushes at the back of her eyes.

"She had the ability to make people happy, it only made sense. Even without her gift, I am sure anyone around her would be happy. She was so pure..." he trails off, his voice cracking.

Isadora leans into his shoulder, trying to comfort him in anyway.

"You don't have to continue if it's too much." She whispers.

"No, it's okay, amore." He mumbles, "I remember the night perfectly. We were so happy together that we wanted to leave the Volturi, which, at the time wasn't as powerful as it is now. I had just told Aro our plans, he was angry and stormed off. Only a few minutes later, a guard informed me that she was attacked, I followed the guard, only to see that she was gone... just a pile of ashes." He whispers.

The pair has stopped walking now, standing in the middle of the path, Isadora has her face pressed to his chest as he clung onto her.

"Knowing that she was gone and I would never get her back, I became numb. I rarely spoke to anyone, including my brothers. I didn't want to live anymore. The numbness and pain continued for centuries, until I saw you. It was like my soul came back to me when my eyes landed on yours... I'm alive once more, because of you, Isadora."

Isadoras breath hitches in her throat and tears threaten to spill from her eyes, her heart feels like its going to explode.

She pushes herself up onto the tips of her toes and kisses him gently, almost as if to say he makes her feel alive again, as well.

***

it's kinda short but wtv. this chapter made me so emotional omg🏃🏼‍♀️