𝟑𝟓.

ISADORA'S EYELIDS SLIDE open, and she is immediately blinded by the bright, white light that hangs above her bed

ISADORA'S EYELIDS SLIDE open, and she is immediately blinded by the bright, white light that hangs above her bed. She goes to rub her eyes with her hands but something stops her right hand from doing so. She looks at her hand to see IVs stuck in it. She furrows her eyebrows and looks around the room.

Seeing the room brings back a mirage of memories, they seem far away, but she remembers them. The vampire that attacked her keeps flashing in her mind, just thinking of him upsets her.

She sits up and is hit with the feeling of dizziness, and then a second later, a sharp pain shoots through her spine. She grinds her teeth together and hisses in pain.

"Be careful, amore." The voice of Aro suddenly speaks.

She looks over to the direction it came from and gasps in delight, Aro kneels there, watching her carefully.

"Aro." She breathes and goes to reach for his hand, but stops herself. She doesn't want him to see what she's been through, she slowly retracts her hand and frowns. "I'm sorry."

He shakes his head, "Please, don't apologize for anything, Isadora."

She chews on her bottom lip and nods.

She turns her head to the other side and sees Caius, she smiles and reaches for him, he immediately takes her hand and they both relax.

"I've missed you, il mia cuore." He whispers.

Isadora rubs small circles onto his thumb with hers, and she looks around the room, trying to find Marcus, but he is nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Marcus?" She asks sadly.

"He'll be back, amore." Aro reassures.

And he is, only a few minutes later Marcus enters through the door and stands by her bed, he lookes down at her, both worried and relived that she is finally awake.

He walks around her bed and sits on a chair close to her bed, she reaches up and glides her thumb across his prominent cheekbone, he leans into her warm touch.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"To inform the doctor that you were awake." He tells her.

She nods, "What do they think happened?"

"Your siblings told them it was a car accident." Aro answers, his voice sounding tight.

"Mer and Kolt," she breathes, "are they here?"

Marcus smiles at her, "They haven't left."

Isadora misses her siblings deeply, even after seeing them only a few hours before the attack. A new thought pops into her head.

"How long have I been out for?" It feels like she's been asleep for days, even though she still feels weak.

"Around 13 hours." Caius says.