Tempest God - Foolish

[5/26/21]

I didn't really know what to do for this one, so I just winged it

Requested by the wonderful @Flowerquartzthefox

here's a note before you start reading; Foolish Jr is an actual living creature. He's only about 4 inches tall and doesn't have legs (he has short arms tho) but he can float short distances at least. He prefers to hitch rides in people's pockets instead

-

Y/n sits down in the shade of one of the sandstone buildings with a small huff as she wipes the sweat off of her forehead. The shadow of the sand temple provided her with enough shade to give her a break from the blistering heat of the desert sun.

There's a small rustling in her front shirt-pocket, prompting Y/n to glance down at Foolish Jr., who smiles up at her cheerily.

Usually totems of undying were simply magical items and nothing more, but by some kind of magic, Foolish had brought this one to life. Whenever he was out doing things, he would leave the living totem with Y/n for safekeeping.

"Hey J, how are you doing?" She called him J since calling him 'Foolish' was confusing and calling him 'Junior' made her feel like an old person or something. So she called him J.

Foolish Jr. smiles at her cheerily before moving up to hover over her shoulder instead. Y/n reaches up and gives him a small pat on the head in return.

"I'll take that as you're 'doing good'," She tells him. "Foolish should be back soon, then we can go do something more interesting than carving sandstone,"

When Y/n had first met Foolish, it was because he had asked her to help with his desert temple project. Y/n was well known for being a good builder, and she enjoyed doing it, so of course she said yes.

What started as a business partnership turned into a strong friendship between them both. Y/n enjoyed working on the temple with him, and it was obvious to everyone else that Foolish loved having her as company as well. It had grown to the point where the two of them were basically inseparable. They had even built a house to share while they worked on their project.

Except for today. Foolish had left in the morning apparently to meet with someone about something he didn't specify. Y/n trusted him enough to know that he would be fine though, and that he would return home soon.

In the meantime, she decides to take a break from her work around the temple to do something else. Y/n sits criss cross on the ground and takes a bottle of water from her bag. Foolish Jr. hops off of her shoulder onto the ground where he begins to create small designs and drawings in the sand to amuse himself.

Y/n smiles as she watches him make his messy pictures.

"What are you drawing there?" She finally asks. Foolish Jr. pauses and floats away from his picture so that they both can look at better.

It was a bit hard at first glance to make out in the sand, but Y/n recognizes that he's drawn the two of them alongside Foolish as well. She and Foolish were holding hands in the drawing, something that she overlooks due to the small totem's child-like innocence.

"Aw, that looks great," She praises him before lifting him up onto her shoulder again. "You should show it to Foolish when he gets back, so long as it doesn't blow away in the wind,"

Foolish Jr. claps his small hands together happily, then he climbs back into her shirt pocket again.

Y/n puts her water away before walking back down the front steps of the temple. She skips a few just for fun on the way down, though it's a bit hard since the stairs are so wide.