Nothing Left To Lose - Dream

[6/17/21]

requested by @Helena110505

-

"Why do you still visit me...?"

Dream looks up at the woman wearily, eyes just barely visible from beneath his messy bangs. His mask had been taken when he had been placed in the prison, but his hair had grown quickly, and it was already long enough to hide his face well enough if he wanted it to.

Despite his sour greeting, she smiles and walks over to him. He's sitting against the back wall, so she sits beside him, as she always did.

"You don't look so good," She points out. "Quackity again...?"

"Sam's only giving me enough medical supplies to not die..." Dream admits. "And you never answered my question,"

She blinks a few times before looking away. "I don't believe that anyone should be alone, even if that person is you,"

He was still confused. Y/n had been one of his friends in the early days of the SMP. When Dream had pushed all of his friends away, one of those friends was her.

Yet here she was, still visiting him and trying to keep his spirits up.

"I made you leave...I yelled at you, I stole from you..."

"You're my friend,"

"We're not friends,"

Usually he wasn't so mean to her. Usually he would tolerate her at least. He really did appreciate her visits. Maybe it was the stinging pain of his injuries today, however, that was making him more bitter than before.

"Techno's birthday is coming up. Apparently the syndicate is throwing him some kind of party," Y/n says, reciting the news of the outside world as she always did when she visited him. "They asked me to come, even though I'm not a full member. I guess I am friends with most of them though...I still don't know what to get him,"

"Anything that he can stab someone with, I guess..." Dream murmurs, making her laugh softly.

"I guess so,"

"How is everyone else...?"

"Sapnap still doesn't know where Quackity is or why he left," Y/n replies. "George is helping out with Kinoko Kingdom I think. Bad is...somewhere. Ever since the red banquet he's been MIA with the other Eggpire guys..."

"And how have you been?"

She seems surprised that he asks. "Oh. Well I'm okay I guess. I've been helping out with some stuff around Snowchester and whatnot,"

"That's nice..."

"Did you do the thing I asked you to do?"

"Hm? Oh right," Dream takes a book and quill from his inventory and gives it to her. Y/n reads it over, smiling slightly as she does. It was as if nothing fazed her at all. She didn't seem to care about the intense heat from the lava, or the stuffiness of the room.

Dream often wondered if she would visit him out of pity or not. She would come every few days like clockwork, albeit she was a bit late today. Each day she would give him a writing prompt, and he would write something based on that to pass the time. She originally got the idea from Tommy, but she would give him much better ideas than the child did on his first visit.

"This is good Dream," Y/n says out of the blue after finishing her reading. "Do you want another prompt?"

"Sure...it's not like I have anything else to do..." He grumbles.