Affliction - Technoblade X Reader

[6/8/21]

sorry this one took a while. there's over 4000 words in it...I might have gotten just a little carried away

requested by @Justa5imp

also mY S/O FOUND MY WATTPAD SO BB IF YOU FIND THIS BOOK ISTG YOU BETTER NOT READ IT OR ELSE I'M GONNA GIVE YOUR LITTLE BROTHER A SHARP OBJECT AND TELL HIM TO STAB YOU-

-

"Techno come onnnnnnn," Y/n complains as she waits impatiently by the front door of the house. "You're so slow-"

"I'm coming, geez," Techno quickly walks over to her, grabbing his cloak from the coat-hook near the door. "You're so impatient,"

"I'm not impatient, you just always take your sweet time," She retorts in a slightly sharp tone. The two of them continue bickering as they make their way towards the Nether portal nearby.

It wasn't anything new. The two of them were indeed close friends, but their relationship was built around constant teasing and minor arguments. It's not that they hated each other though, they just tended to fight a lot. Nothing major though; again, it's just the way they are.

Today was no different. They needed Nether materials, but nothing productive would happen without some sort of argument first.

The pair eventually cease their argument once they reach the Nether portal. Plus the hot, ashy air of the Nether was more irritating than whatever they had been talking about before, so in a way, they had a common enemy now; nature.

After a while of walking though, Techno finally speaks again. "We should head to the Nether fortress first for blaze rods,"

"Sounds good to me," Y/n replies with a lax shrug. "Lead the way o' nightly Blood God,"

He rolls his eyes before leading the way through the sweltering wasteland. It takes them less than a half an hour to reach the fortress, which is located on the edge of a vibrant Crimson Forest.

"We should go to the east side," Y/n remarks as they begin making their way down the long bridge towards the heart of the fortress.

"The west side has two spawners though, we get what we need faster," Techno objects.

"Yeah but that side cuts into the Soul San Valley," She tells him. "We would have to be fighting wither skeletons and blazes at the same time,"

"Not if we barricade the hallways,"

"And then what if there are too many blazes? How would we get out?"

"You worry to much,"

"I worry a normal amount. I would prefer not to die,"

And so, their argument resumes again. The two of them become so caught up in it that they don't realize the ghasts that have come into view nearby until two fireballs land right in between them.

The explosion throws them back away from each other and causes the bridge to begin collapsing. Y/n quickly scrambles back to her feet and backs away. She sees Techno on the opposite side of the gap do the same time. The two of them exchange glances before running off in their own directions to look for cover.

Y/n runs into one of the fortress buildings and keeps going until she finds a safe area to catch her breath. After a few minutes, she sets off again to figure out where Techno had gone off to.

However, she walks around for hours without finding him. Y/n continuously calls his name out, praying for a response, but no one every replies to her.