Hidden - SBI (Sibling)

[6/10/21]

this is not a part 2 for the first sbi x reader

requested by @changes_are_great

I'm afraid of change because lifestyles changes usually means my sleep schedule gets messed up

and I required an inhuman amount of sleep to function

anyway, Tommy is 9, Y/n is 10, Wilbur is 12, and Techno is 15. enjoy the story
-

Y/n giggles as she runs away from Tommy and Wilbur through the front yard of the house. All of them are wielding wooden play-swords since they're playing a game of knights.

"We're gonna get you Y/n!" Tommy giggles.

"Get back here so we can fight you!" Wilbur adds with a laugh.

"It's a tactical retreat!" Y/n yells over her shoulder with a bright smile. "I'm gonna make you think I'm gone and then ambush you when you least expect it!"

"Well now we know your plan so we can expect it now!" Wilbur retorts.

"Save the ambushing for later!" A voice overhead calls, causing them all to stop in their tracks as Phil lands in the grass nearby, his large wings ruffled slightly from the wind.

Y/n marvels at his wings for a while until the abruptly vanish in a small flash of white light. People with wings could hide them if needed. It provided them with protection and concealment from anyone who would want to hurt them for being a hybrid.

Phil gives them each a pat on the head. "Hey, where's Tech?"

"Inside brooding probably," Tommy huffs.

"I'm surprised you actually know what 'brooding' means," Wilbur teases him, making the boy bonk him on the head with his wooden sword.

"Hey! I know words! I have a vocabulary!"

Wilbur responds by blowing a raspberry at him.

"Break it up, both of you," Phil scolds, making Y/n giggle quietly as he begins to lecture both of them.

She was...well...newly adopted. She hadn't been in the family long, so she was still getting used to the whole dynamic of it. Before being with them, Y/n had been living on the streets after running away from her previous home.

A lot of things were still new to her, like bedtime stories and bonfires. Even learning to braid Techno's hair was new to her. He didn't realize that she had no idea how to when he asked her the first time.

She was shy, and quiet most of the time. There were things that she was afraid to talk about, like her previous family...or more importantly, the fact that she had wings just like Phil.

In her previous home, she had been shamed for having wings. The added discrimination against hybrids in her village didn't help either.

Although Phil and the others were so warm and welcoming to her, that was still doing little to settle her nerves so far. She wanted to tell him about them, she really did, but things were going too well for her to risk messing them up.

Later that night, after everyone's eaten dinner, Tommy makes Phil tell them about his latest outing. Techno, although being older and not really caring about many things, also joined in on the pleading until the man finally caves.

Phil sits down in one of the living room chairs, and the boys all sit on the floor around him. Y/n awkwardly lingers around the corner of the kitchen for a while, unsure if she was allowed to join or not, until Wilbur motions for her to come and sit between him and Tommy with them.